MSI Unveils Wind Box DC110 Mini PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I want to see a version of this based on amd's a50 chipset. Considering the fact that MSI makes motherboards i'm sure they can make a good small board with low power consumption. That at least features USB 3.0. You could slap on a slim blu ray drive and a tv tuner card(I think MSI still makes those) and pass it off as an HTPC.

[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Boo... Even the windpad had 4GB of ram... Anything with 2GB of ram is almost useless with today's hungry applications, and the price difference is like $2[/citation]

I still have a laptop with 2GB of RAM and it can do almost everything that my desktop with 16GB can do unless I try running several VMs at once or some other similarly non relevant usage for a computer such as this MSI system would be used for. The difference is price is also much higher than $2, granted it's still not big.

[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]I wish it had USB 3.0?[/citation]

USB 3.0 support would be helpful if you wanted to use some external hard drives with this for a NAS system. Otherwise, I don't think that it'd matter much and honestly, I'd prefer a NAS that wouldn't use multiple enclosures anyway.

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Boo... Even the windpad had 4GB of ram... Anything with 2GB of ram is almost useless with today's hungry applications, and the price difference is like $2[/citation]
2GB RAM is more than enough for general use. Not ideal for any modern gaming or intensive programs, but for a casual browser / word processing PC, that is just fine. If the price is fair, a system like this would be great in classrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.