MSI USB2.0 TV BOX Problems

Anyone satisfied MSI USB2.0 TV BOX users out there - and if so how did you
manage to get it working?

I bought this TV card from PC Cyber in November 07. It looked

great value for money - nice box, lots of bits and features.
http://www.pccyber.ca/

However...

I installed it in the USB port pf my Compaq Armada M700 laptop with Windows
2000 Pro. Hardware is detected fine; loaded the driver and the MSI PVS -
software, set my resolution to 640x480 and color to 24-bit. On scanning the
TV channels, the pictures are very hazy, some channels just display a
blinking green screen; others have blurred figures in black, white and grey.
Any ideas?

--
Thanks & best regards,

Kaimuri

You need to make sure that the ports are USB 2.0 (as 1.1 will be very
very choppy). Also, to make sure the ports work correctly, you need to
make sure your USB (chipset/motherboard drivers) are up to date.
Finally, check MSI's website for the latest drivers for that TV Tuner
and see if there are any updates available there :)

My experience with USB TV Tuners have not been good at all and I have
finally gone to an internal which is tons better.

-----
Nathan McNulty

Kaimuri wrote:
> Anyone satisfied MSI USB2.0 TV BOX users out there - and if so how did you
> manage to get it working?
>

> I bought this TV card from PC Cyber in November 07. It looked
>
> great value for money - nice box, lots of bits and features.
> http://www.pccyber.ca/
>
> However...
>

> I installed it in the USB port pf my Compaq Armada M700 laptop with Windows
> 2000 Pro. Hardware is detected fine; loaded the driver and the MSI PVS -
> software, set my resolution to 640x480 and color to 24-bit. On scanning the
> TV channels, the pictures are very hazy, some channels just display a
> blinking green screen; others have blurred figures in black, white and grey.
> Any ideas?

Hi,

Nathan, thanks for the suggestions.

I tested the drive on my desktop(eMachines) which I has USB 2.0. I will
download the latest drivers from MSI's website. If it doesn't work, I will
go for an internal PCI card. Would you recommend ATI or ASUS?

Thanks,
Kaimuri

"Nathan McNulty" <newsgroups@msn.com> wrote in message
> You need to make sure that the ports are USB 2.0 (as 1.1 will be very very
> choppy). Also, to make sure the ports work correctly, you need to make
> sure your USB (chipset/motherboard drivers) are up to date. Finally, check
> MSI's website for the latest drivers for that TV Tuner and see if there
> are any updates available there :)
>
> My experience with USB TV Tuners have not been good at all and I have
> finally gone to an internal which is tons better.
>
> -----
> Nathan McNulty
>
> Kaimuri wrote:
>> Anyone satisfied MSI USB2.0 TV BOX users out there - and if so how did
>> you manage to get it working?
>>

>> I bought this TV card from PC Cyber in November 07. It looked
>>
>> great value for money - nice box, lots of bits and features.
>> http://www.pccyber.ca/
>>
>> However...
>>

>> I installed it in the USB port pf my Compaq Armada M700 laptop with
>> Windows 2000 Pro. Hardware is detected fine; loaded the driver and the
>> MSI PVS - software, set my resolution to 640x480 and color to 24-bit. On
>> scanning the TV channels, the pictures are very hazy, some channels just
>> display a blinking green screen; others have blurred figures in black,
>> white and grey. Any ideas?

Well, I personally use an ATI eHome Wonder since I built myself a Media
Center computer. I very much prefer PCI based TV Tuner cards and both
of those cards are excellent (ASUS and ATI cards except the ATI HDTV
Wonder does have a few issues that may be resolved by better drivers,
but I wouldn't fork out the money just yet). The favored card is the
Hauppage 150 or 250, and AverMedia's M150 is really nice too :)

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)