Question MSI Ventus RTX 3080 0rpm fan spikes ?

Sep 28, 2021
Hey people, so with getting this new GPU I was wondering if theres a way to force the fans to spin constantly ?

I'm aware this card can easily chill at 40-50C at idle with 0rpm fan speed BUT id rather the lower temps at the cost of fan degradation.

TLDR: I'm wondering if I should even worry about ~45 degree idle temps under idle and just leave the default 0rpm mode as is? Any help would be greatly appreciated <3

You can use MSI afterburner to control overclocking of your gpu as well as control speed of fans, along with the ability to create your own fan speed curve. After installing the program, go to options menu and click on fan tab. You will see a box to enable fan curve setting. Check that and then you will get a window to set your own fan speed to your temp level you would like. Or you can simply click on the fan speed slider when the program opens and simply set it to a static speed you want. Just remember to save it by clicking check mark. MSI Afterburner 4.6.4 Download | TechSpot

The other part of your question, it's okay for your GPU to sit at ~45c idle with a zero-RPM fan profile. That's how the card was designed by the engineers. If they felt it was a problem, they would have lowered the temperature at which the fan kicks in.

Sep 28, 2021
So even when manually adjusting the curve once the gpu gets to around 35-37 degrees it starts to spin the fans up and down. And I am aware of the 0rpm mode etc but when I say finish a gaming session it will drop to ~55-45 at idle as the fans slow down. With this in mind id still prefer to have full fan control at all times but cant seem to figure it out :/