MSI VS Asrock VS Asus

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
I am building a new build with:

1600mhz ram 8gb

Gtx 670 DCII Top

I5 3570K

Im not on the market for an extreme overclocking killer, more like a HIGH quality motherboard, that looks slick (matters to me) have decent audio, and will last for another 3-4 years ATLEAST.

The candidates:

Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty Professional series

MSI Z77-GD65

Asus Z77 Sabertooth

Asus P8Z77 V-Pro

Now, any inputs are welcome, but please dont be a fanboy, and no flaming.

Im-MaTRiiX

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Ram: OK!
GPU: OK!
CPU: I recommend the 2700k because Ivy bridges are know to overheat BUT that's just my opinion.
MTB: Ok I bought a Asus P8Z77 V-Pro it is an Amazing board! the MSI shouldn't be in this picture IMO the Sabertooth is Great but I believe it doesn't have wireless. Also the Sabertooth is useless if you're not O.C'ing much so the fan(s) are useless. And to add the P8z77-v Pro is a beautiful board the stunning blue and black design is the best color mixture I have ever seen.

-MaTRiiX

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Ivy bridge is cooler than sandy bridge if NOT overclocking, and im thinking of future watercooling to temperatures of the CPU is not a problem.

The thing is i am going for a kinda "red" setup and i would only think about a blue motherboard if they were dark or so much better than the red.

The red motherboards avaible is:

ASRock Fatal1ty Pro series

Asus Sabertooth z77 - This is not red, but imo would match any colors.

Asus RoG Maximus V gene - This is Microatx, would look way to ackward.

Asus RoQ Maximus V Formula - This is tooo expensive compared that i am not an overclocking killer.

Not really any cooler, just more efficient. Same idle temps and slightly higher load temps, even at stock speeds, though.

The Z77 Sabertooth is my choice for the board though.

So if you want a red mobo and would only go with blue if it was darker why did you put the Asus P8Z77 V-Pro in your question anyway i would go with the Asus P8Z77 V-Pro second choice Asus Sabertooth z77

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

I put that motherboard in becouse i think that performance tops looks. I wonder why no one surgest the ASRock ?

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

The thing is i dont care if my Rig is Green, white, blue, or red. But my GPU GTX 670 is red, if you can recremend another GTX 670 that is not horrible and watercool-able then sure.

which GTX 670 do you have :D

^Huh?!

My picks:

MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 ; IF you'll never 3-WAY ; Pros: 5 Year warranty, Active VRM and Chipset cooling (fans), good OC'ing
MOBO: EVGA Z77 FTW 151-IB-E699-KR supports up to 4-WAY SLI ; use multiple monitors with 3/4-WAY SLI support
CPU: i5-3570K Ivy Bridge ; IF just for Gaming ; otherwise Video etc i7-3770K (+$90) ; the lesser OC is equal or surpasses the SB (performance)
RAM: Gaming 2x4GB DDR3-1600 CAS 8/9 ; Video 4x8GB
IF just for Gaming - Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 or CMD8GX3M2A1600C9 (cool kits)
IF for Video and Gaming - Corsair CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9 or CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 ; Mushkin 994050
GPU: Most EVGA's and ASUS ; Resolution is the unknown: single monitor's 2GB vRAM, multiple monitors 4GB vRAM with a minimum of 2 and best 3 GTX 600's

Im-MaTRiiX

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

I love the Maximus series but they are overpriced.

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Im NEVER going to run more then 2 way sli, and most likely a realy highend sound card. :) btw i chose dorminator platinum kit for ram :p

Yeah the new Corsair Dominator Platinum series are sweet!

The on-board sound isn't horrible on the Sabertooth Z77. Clearly, the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX offers the best solution - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_V_FormulaThunderFX/ and the Maximus V Formula the next best http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_V_Formula/

The SupremeFX offers pretty good on-board sound and the USB add-on just makes it all the better.

ASUS Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX (review) ; see - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOuFCyLFFQ

TRENDING THREADS