Msi vs Asus vs Evga

Stoic Muffins

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
I am building my new super awesome PC and was wondering what company makes the best cards for gtx 770 sli, I am primarily concerned with performance and would prefer the model with the best overclocking capability's.

Solution
First off... The EVGA problem is only on the new 900 series... Hes looking to go for 770s..

My recommendation.. EVGA or Asus. EVGA to be on top of Asus, but if the price is definitely a separation of the two and Asus being cheaper.. go with the Asus.

If your seriously on a budget go for the MSI cards, I have had two MSI Gaming 760's SLI'd and they worked like a charm.

So to recap, EVGA > ASUS > MSI

But do consider the GTX 970s, if you do go with that route, go for the MSI 970.
Best of luck :)
I don't recommend MSI, because of their reliability. Asus is the best out of the three, because of DirectCU II. Their STRIX is awesome (GTX 980, 970). EVGA would also be very nice.

However, I recommend looking into getting a Gigabyte card. Windforce, especially the 3x versions, is simply the best of the world.

toddybody

Distinguished
IMO, the best nVidia card manufacturers are:

EVGA>ASUS>Gigabyte>MSI

I would only go EVGA if prices are consistent. If ASUS is cheaper, crown to them.

PS: I have two EVGA SC 780s with the ACX cooler...I wish I would have gotten reference blowers for SLI. Dont be lured by the sexy multi-fan cards (ACX, DCUII, Windforce 3x) if youre going multicard. Congrats on the new parts mate!

NONE4YOUU

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
MSI has lowest prices and moderate overclocking. Asus had very quiet gpus. Personally, i don't do EVGA because i heard that the new ACX 2.0 cooling had been messing up and breaking everyones gpu. Gigabyte is the best for overclocking and cooling.

Because0789

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014

The heatsink seems misplaced but according to reviews this only equates to a few degree difference between them and the competition, so nothing is "breaking". Also no reason to SLI 770s with the 970 out: same price, less power usage, less heat, a lot more powerful.

Dazinek

Honorable
Sep 9, 2014
First off... The EVGA problem is only on the new 900 series... Hes looking to go for 770s..

My recommendation.. EVGA or Asus. EVGA to be on top of Asus, but if the price is definitely a separation of the two and Asus being cheaper.. go with the Asus.

If your seriously on a budget go for the MSI cards, I have had two MSI Gaming 760's SLI'd and they worked like a charm.

So to recap, EVGA > ASUS > MSI

But do consider the GTX 970s, if you do go with that route, go for the MSI 970.
Best of luck :)

Solution