msi vs asus

leohobb

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
in 2015 what is the best quality of asus vs msi.in the quality and relabity.gigabyte sz97mx gaming 5 is crap.bad esd protection on vitale plases.if you look to hard on them they go heywire.and i have had 2 of them.both in waranti now.money back.i have triyed swapping pcu new ram everything without takin the motheboard apart.in both cases it seems like its the digi vrm controller chip that gets it.same symtoms on both but the las you could use it like normal turn off and on witouth problem but if i plugg the power cord to the pcu out and the capasitor in my new egva supernova g2 gold600w or one off the other pcu i have tried goes emty you can not plugg in power to pcu and start it upp.mobo just delivers cliks in diagnose buzzer.then i just turn it of with the button.take out all the ramsticks .I leave one in one off the ports dosent matter witch.then push powerbutton and it powers up and post load optimised defaults and goes to windows like it should.Now i can turn it off again and put in the 3 last ram sticks and it works like normal.as long as mobo detects volt from pcu it works.

Solution
I've built a system with a Z97X-Gaming 5 without issues. I like the Gigabyte boards personally. Other than that though I wouldn't really say there is a best brand and couldn't tell you Asus or MSI is better. The Asus Z97-A overall is a well reliable choice.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
I've built a system with a Z97X-Gaming 5 without issues. I like the Gigabyte boards personally. Other than that though I wouldn't really say there is a best brand and couldn't tell you Asus or MSI is better. The Asus Z97-A overall is a well reliable choice.

Solution