Status
Not open for further replies.

ddan49

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hello,

So I've been looking at graphics cards, and have almost decided on a GTX 560 Ti. I saw the MSI (here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-565&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo), and really liked it. It was overclocked already, and easily overclockable, as well as quiet and very cool. This was my first choice. But as I kept looking, I noticed a LOT of reviews saying they had to RMA repeatedly. The ones that didn't say I assumed may have had to RMA anyway, but they didn't edit their reviews. I've heard very good things about EVGA as well, but it didn't seem as attractive... MSI seemed to have better cooling, more quiet, and more overclockability. The MSI afterburner, from what I've heard, is very nice. The EVGA (one of them) is here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-130-604&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

This has much better reviews... but still... the MSI seems... better. But less dependable. The thing is that RMA costs money, so if I RMA a card for MSI, I might as well have upgraded to the next better card without wasting money on shipping. What would you suggest? I'm on 1680x1050, and want to play first person shooters like BF3, and also Skyrim. I'm looking for a quiet card.

P.S. If you do suggest EVGA, what warranty would you suggest getting? I think anything past three years is a little excessive, but I won't be upgrading for about five...

Thanks!

Solution
EVGA is the best Nvidia card supplier out there in terms of sheer performance. Best materials, great build quality and great overclocking. MSI are damn good and their cooling is on par with ASUS and Gigabyte

If you want great cooling and are worried about RMA (cant say i have heard of it being that big an issue myself though) then this card will do you proud http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425

All 3 cards are easy to overclock

If you do go EVGA then the basic warranty should suffice
They are both good and you are right about the MSI having the better cooling. I would go with the MSI on price alone let alone Cooler and overclock ability!
Don't pay to much attention to reviews on Newegg, they can be an indication to problems with products but in many cases things get bad reviews for the simple fact that some people do not know what they are doing!

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
EVGA is the best Nvidia card supplier out there in terms of sheer performance. Best materials, great build quality and great overclocking. MSI are damn good and their cooling is on par with ASUS and Gigabyte

If you want great cooling and are worried about RMA (cant say i have heard of it being that big an issue myself though) then this card will do you proud http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425

All 3 cards are easy to overclock

If you do go EVGA then the basic warranty should suffice

Solution

ddan49

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I don't know... I wanted to as well, but MANY of the reviews said the MSI had a lot of RMAs. Do any of you have this card?

Also, about having no idea what they're doing... I'm a first time builder. I have no idea what I'm doing :) Any tips? The way I see it, you just plug the GPU in and attach all of the power stuff (exactly... "stuff"... I'm such an expert). I'm probably going to go by the newegg guide. Anything extra I should know?

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
pretty straight forward, just make sure not to drop anything and don't worry about having to be a bit firm with installation.

As for MSI and RMA's yeah it might have had a few issues but in general you find that those with bad experiences will all post but those with good experiences tend not to so its up to you but you should be safe. If your worried than just go for one of the other cards (EVGA, ASUS, MSI and GIGABYTE are all top cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.