MSI VS Sapphire RX 570

Damien19721508

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Im looking at buy the new RX 570 my choices are between the MSI ARMOR OC RX 570 and the Sapphire nitro+ RX 570 the cards seem identical other than one i believe can OC better and requires more power but i wont be OC'ing them i just want the best one that will last longer and be better as stock, also which company makes better qaulity cards

Solution
I have a method to pick between equally performing products.
Go to Newegg and find the candidates.
Filter on the reviews by verified buyers.
Then look at what percent of the reviews have zero or one eggs indicating some sort of a problem.
In particular, look at the reasons for a bad review. Some are not very valid, so exclude those.

As to those particular choices, the sapphire looks better, but there are not many reviews.
The chip inside the video card are all the same. The only difference is the cooling provided. Better cooling prevents thermal throttle and gives you better performance. But generally, the vast majority of cooling options for those cards are all the same. You just don't want a blower style card, which neither of those cards are.

The other difference is factory overclocks. The factory will automatically overclock the chip, but this is not worth paying extra for because you can get the same overclock yourself at home in about 20 minutes.

As for quality, they are all the same. Sometimes every vendor will have a defective part. I have never had a problem with PNY, MSI, EVGA, and ASUS. I have never had a Sapphire, but the are an AMD exclusive card maker, so I would think that they make good products or AMD would not have a close partnership with them.

I have a method to pick between equally performing products.
Go to Newegg and find the candidates.
Filter on the reviews by verified buyers.
Then look at what percent of the reviews have zero or one eggs indicating some sort of a problem.
In particular, look at the reasons for a bad review. Some are not very valid, so exclude those.

As to those particular choices, the sapphire looks better, but there are not many reviews.

Solution

Damien19721508

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Thanks so much guys ill keep the cooling factor in mind and the fact that i can over clock it at home with AMD drivers but i wont over clock and i have also never had a sapphire so im not sure about thier qaulity but i wasntvaware that they were exclusive AMD and i do like AMD im planning to build a ryzen pc so i guess it would go nicely with the AMD theme