Nov 17, 2019
Hi,

So i've just installed a new processor (Ryzen 7 3700x) on my board and i have robotic issues with the sound, everytime i play something every 2-3 seconds a buzzing sound/robotic sounds interfere on the audio, i tried reinstalling windows, drivers, reseting bios. With my old processor (Ryzen 7 2700x) everything is fine, the problem is that the new cpu works well, i tried on a friend mobo and even the audio works, so in my opinion is a bios/motherboard incompatibility with the 3000 series, what can i do ? The processor works very good 4,4 ghz with 1,3v at 70*C in stress tests, i've tried stock settings also.

My RIG:
Ryzen 7 3700x
X470 Gaming plus Max
32 GB ram 3200mhz HyperX
RTX 2060 Super
750w gold + psu

Can someone help (i even adressed a question to MSI), i honest think about selling my mobo and buying a x570 Asus Prime P or buying a USB sound card :(.

Thank in advance !

Solution
What was your prior processor? You might want to also note what version of BIOS you're currently on for your motherboard. Another thing to note is if you've tried uninstalling your audio drivers and reinstalled them in an elevated command(after downloading the latest from MSI's support site), i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU? Wattage and 80 + rating doesn't help us identify the quality of the PSU. It's age?

How is your audio equipment connected to your system? What audio equipment are you working with?

OK i am running right now: "7B79vH5" (i downgraded from the last bios to this version but didn't helped), i tried reinstalling drivers after uninstalling old ones and also i...

Lutfij

Titan
What was your prior processor? You might want to also note what version of BIOS you're currently on for your motherboard. Another thing to note is if you've tried uninstalling your audio drivers and reinstalled them in an elevated command(after downloading the latest from MSI's support site), i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU? Wattage and 80 + rating doesn't help us identify the quality of the PSU. It's age?

How is your audio equipment connected to your system? What audio equipment are you working with?

Reactions: Yuryca
Nov 17, 2019

OK i am running right now: "7B79vH5" (i downgraded from the last bios to this version but didn't helped), i tried reinstalling drivers after uninstalling old ones and also i tried reinstalling windows, my old CPU was 2700x that if i put it on my Motherboard the sound works perfectly, the PSU is good (i mean 2700x has 105tdp while 3700x has 95tdp) and can handle without problems (it's from a local producer from Romania it's certificated both 80 + gold and cables). My audio equipment is compose by a 5.1 genius sistem that is working, if i connect an usb headset it works without problem. I guess the main problem is between my motherboard and the CPU itself. I am still waiting for MSI response maybe they can provide me with some bios update or a driver solution

Thanks for the response and i hope you have some idea of how to resolve this :( , also i will buy later tonight an dedicated sound card and if it works i think i resolved my problems.

EDIT: Problem SOLVED, i bought a Creative Play 3 (Usb external sound card) and it works even better than my integrated Realtek, and the price was ~ 18$.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 3, 2020
I have this exact same issue, but getting a USB adapter is out of the question for my needs.
The CPU, PSU, RAM, Storage and RAM are different but the MOBO is the exact same.