[SOLVED] msi x470 gaming pro max vs msi b450 tomahawk max

Aug 25, 2020
am really struggling on deciding between these motherboard does anyone have any info it be helpful and which has better heatsink vrm etc

Solution
am putting ryzen 5 3600 and right well my only other option is the msi b550 bazooka
Also just to clear your confusion, 65w processors will not have any problems. You shouldn't even have to think about VRM quality when buying a 65w TDP processor because even the bad VRMs will run that perfectly fine. The problem comes when you switch to 95w or More, that's when VRM quality begins to matter and even then it's 99.9% of the time not a problem but going above that, yes you should definitely think about getting a board with a good VRM.
Unless you plan to put in a Ryzen 9 3950X onto your motherboard, you really wont be having a problem even if you buy a cheap b450(I highly don't recommend you to go for A320/A520 since even the...
What CPU are you planning to put in it and what are your plans for future upgrades?
Tomahawk MAX is known to have a good VRM design and Optimal Power delivery, I'm not so sure about the other board. If you're going for X470 why not just spend a bit more and go for X570 or B550 then?

Aug 25, 2020
What CPU are you planning to put in it and what are your plans for future upgrades?
Tomahawk MAX is known to have a good VRM design and Optimal Power delivery, I'm not so sure about the other board. If you're going for X470 why not just spend a bit more and go for X570 or B550 then?
am putting ryzen 5 3600 and right well my only other option is the msi b550 bazooka

Also just to clear your confusion, 65w processors will not have any problems. You shouldn't even have to think about VRM quality when buying a 65w TDP processor because even the bad VRMs will run that perfectly fine. The problem comes when you switch to 95w or More, that's when VRM quality begins to matter and even then it's 99.9% of the time not a problem but going above that, yes you should definitely think about getting a board with a good VRM.
Unless you plan to put in a Ryzen 9 3950X onto your motherboard, you really wont be having a problem even if you buy a cheap b450(I highly don't recommend you to go for A320/A520 since even the manufacturers don't care if it performs well or not, they just wanna save money on those). Usually More Cores and TDP is what requires a better than average heatsink and if the purpose of your CPU is to play games and a bit of multi-tasking you wont be needing more than 8c/12t, atleast not until your current motherboard becomes obsolete in like 4-5 years time.
But ofcourse it's up to you, your money your choice.

Solution