Question MSI X570-A Pro No Post / Upgraded CPU from Ryzen 5 2600 to Ryzen 5 3600x

May 6, 2020
MOBO: MSI X560-A PRO
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
Vcard: ASUS TUF GTX 1660 TI 6GB
RAM: Corsair RGB PRO 2x16GB 3200
PSU: RIOTORO Engima gold 850W
SSD: M2 Nvme Samsung 960 EVO 256GB

Rig was running fine with the previous Ryzen 5 2600. Ram was running at 3000 (i know there's issues going over and i was fine with it at 3k).
2 days ago i got a Ryzen 7 3700x. installed, hit power button, CPU ezdebug led was on, power button, reset button not working (all LEDs turn on, fans at 100%)
So I ordered a Ryzen 5 3600x (figured I might aswell save some money and returned the 3700X).
Unfortunately the 3600x is doing the exact same thing. Now I've seen lots of videos with people using 3600x, 3700x and even 3900x on this Mobo so it cannot be compatibility issue (maybe bios version, sure!).
Before I returned the Ryzen 5 2600, i used the M-Flash function and upgraded bios to latest version (ran great).

I removed all components from mobo and tried starting gradually - No post.
I downloaded last 3 versions of BIOS from MSI and placed them on 3 different USB drives on FAT32 (stick sizes 4 and 8GBs) and tried to use the FLASH BIOS button. With USB in the FLASH BIOS 2.0 USB slot I pressed the FLASH BIOS button for 3 seconds. No LED came on but after 5 seconds the system powers on, CPU led is ON on ezdebug and again, power button is not functional.

I've spent the last two days doing nothing else but troubleshooting anything that came to mind or any results i found from google.

I'm hoping I did something wrong or missed something and you guys might be able to help.

May 6, 2020
Tried clearing CMOS?
I tried holding the FLASH CMOS button for 10 sec. Nothing
I tried shorting the JBAT1 with a scredriver. Nothing
I also removed the battery for 5 minutes with the PSU power cable disconnected.

Is there another way to do it? Maybe i didn't do it correctly?

May 6, 2020
Everything I've done has the same outcome.
PSU on, Vidcard led turns on, upon hitting power button, rig starts, all FANS at 100%, all LEDs ON, CPU led error on EzDebug, no vid signal. no usb power (keyboard doesn't turn on)

Except I accidentally started with the flashbutton pressed. In that case the CPU led is off but the other 3 LEDS are on. (that's flash bios button+power button). But I'm not sure what this combo is suppose to do, or if it means anything.

I tried holding the FLASH CMOS button for 10 sec. Nothing
oh oh.....do you mean FLASH BIOS button? that button is used for updating BIOS.

Shorting the JBAT terminals should have reset CMOS. Can you try the 2600 again to see if it boots with that? Hopefully pushing the FLASH BIOS button didn't erase the existing BIOS.

BTW, if it simply won't work with the 3600 you should try mfr.'s tech support to get RMA for the board. After all, X570 is kind of built for 3rd gen.

May 6, 2020
oh oh.....do you mean FLASH BIOS button? that button is used for updating BIOS.
Yes I meant the FLASH BIOS button but it didn't flash, LED didn't turn on... so no harm done.

Shorting the JBAT terminals should have reset CMOS. Can you try the 2600 again to see if it boots with that? Hopefully pushing the FLASH BIOS button didn't erase the existing BIOS.
I no longer have the 2600. I doubt that button would have a function to just delete existing BIOS, worse case scenario it might downgrade it to factory original.

BTW, if it simply won't work with the 3600 you should try mfr.'s tech support to get RMA for the board. After all, X570 is kind of built for 3rd gen.
The seller has 30 day free return without any reason. So I sent it back... :(

May 6, 2020
Ok guys, here's the update.
I got the ASRock X570M Pro 4 today, installed it on my rig, powered up and guess what... Ryzen 5 3600X runs as intended. Clearly the MSI board had an issue which probably means it needs servicing. But i returned it for moneyback unde the 30 day guarantee.

I'm gonna start a new thread in Memory forum as the only issue I am currently having is the same as one of the previous issues on the MSI board... Ram starts at 1066Mhz and I can't seem to get it to work properly.

Conclusion: MSI X570-A Pro v.s. ASRock X570M Pro 4
-The MSI is ATX so there's more airflow in the case while the ASRock is mATX and everything is cluttered in
-The MSI BIOS is much more detailed and offers more features
-The ASRock is very stable (MSI had stability probs from the start which i did manage to fix eventually by adjusting voltages and timings)

IF the MSI woud've been stable and recognized my CPU as the ASRock did, I would say it is a better board.

Ok guys, here's the update.
I got the ASRock X570M Pro 4 today, installed it on my rig, powered up and guess what... Ryzen 5 3600X runs as intended. Clearly the MSI board had an issue which probably means it needs servicing. But i returned it for moneyback unde the 30 day guarantee.

I'm gonna start a new thread in Memory forum as the only issue I am currently having is the same as one of the previous issues on the MSI board... Ram starts at 1066Mhz and I can't seem to get it to work properly.

Conclusion: MSI X570-A Pro v.s. ASRock X570M Pro 4
-The MSI is ATX so there's more airflow in the case while the ASRock is mATX and everything is cluttered in
-The MSI BIOS is much more detailed and offers more features
-The ASRock is very stable (MSI had stability probs from the start which i did manage to fix eventually by adjusting voltages and timings)

IF the MSI woud've been stable and recognized my CPU as the ASRock did, I would say it is a better board.
What are your RAM timings?