Question MSI X570 Meg Unify ---EZ Debug LED for GPU, DRAM & BOOT ?

Jun 4, 2022
hi everyone, its my first amd build
i buy a used motherboard combo msi x570 meg unify and ryzen 5 3600 on local computer shop
when i buy it we tested it on there, its work fine and normal, boot to windows and its work like its supposed to.

When i got home I did not build right away because i need to find new ram stick.
After i build it it won't boot and the post code showing a solid 00 and the ez debug led chaging, from first boot its on cpu only, after couple time restart it moved to gpu dram and boot, the cpu led not turn red.

The fan is spinning fine and the gpu fine, i tested on my friend computer.
The local computer shop said it was a shorted motherboard but the store won't give warranty as they said its human error.
So if anyone know how or why, or is my board really shorted or what, can i repair it ?

my specs are:

ryzen 5 3600
msi x570 meg unify
rx 580 4gb red dragon
corsair 2x8gb 3000mhz
fsp aurum600

PS sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which two slots are you populating on the motherboard? You forgot to mention the make and model of your discrete GPU, if you don't have a discrete GPU, you're going to need one since the processor doesn't have an iGPU(onboard graphics card).

the local computer said it was a shorted motherboard, the store wont gave warranty, they said its human error
one of the biggest reasons why you shouldn't buy second hand, not after the pandemic since the amount of accountability has dropped to near zero...or towards negative.

Using this manual, here - page 57, see if you can flash the BIOS using the Flash BIOS Button.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Jun 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which two slots are you populating on the motherboard? You forgot to mention the make and model of your discrete GPU, if you don't have a discrete GPU, you're going to need one since the processor doesn't have an iGPU(onboard graphics card).

the local computer said it was a shorted motherboard, the store wont gave warranty, they said its human error
one of the biggest reasons why you shouldn't buy second hand, not after the pandemic since the amount of accountability has dropped to near zero...or towards negative.

Using this manual, here - page 57, see if you can flash the BIOS using the Flash BIOS Button.

ah yeah sorry, i use rx 580 4gb red dragon, my gpu is fine i've tried on my friend pc

yeah i didnt know that the computer store is that bad, i usually buy used on my go to shop, but the owner is on long vacation so i move to other store
is it true that the computer store said my motherboard shorted ? as far as i know, shorted electric device is cant be turn on again

i haven't tried the bios reset, ill try that first