Question Msi x570 motherboard and AMD 5 3600

Sep 7, 2019
I was wondering if MSI x570 gaming plus Motherboard would work straight out of the box with AMD 5 3600 without any bios update?
Also, is it possible to update the bios using USB without needing an older CPU?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you

Yes, that is what it was created to be used with. X570 is FOR Ryzen 3000 series. You will still WANT to update the BIOS though after you get the system going as there are numerous growing pain issues addressed in what has already been a slew of BIOS updates for this chipset.

Reactions: Wickap
Sep 7, 2019
Yes, that is what it was created to be used with. X570 is FOR Ryzen 3000 series. You will still WANT to update the BIOS though after you get the system going as there are numerous growing pain issues addressed in what has already been a slew of BIOS updates for this chipset.
First of all thank you very much for the clarification.
Do you recommend that I get this board since you mentioned that there have been many issues?
Also, updating the bios only involves downloading it to a flash drive and rebooting to the drive ...right? ( I’ve never done bios update before)

Thank you very much again

Issues with the X570 chipset in general. I didn't mean to infer that there were issues with that board model specifically.

Updating the BIOS depends on the board. For most boards, it means downloading the files, unpacking the zip file to a flash drive, and then going into your BIOS to find the utility that performs the BIOS update and pointing it to the files that need to be updated.

Some boards have BIOS flashback as an option, where you can download and unpack the files, and in some cases you'll need to rename the file, and then insert it in the BIOS flashback specific USB port on the back of the motherboard and simply press and hold the flashback button until it signals that it is complete.

In none of these cases is it a standard requirement to need to BOOT to the drive the new BIOS files are on, but I can see where it might seem that way.

I highly recommend that you find and watch at least one or two youtube videos or tutorials on flashing the BIOS for your board or at least the X570 chipset for some board model that is the same brand, before doing it yourself, so you have a good idea of exactly what it is you are going to do. Never good to guess. Much better to be sure by educating yourself on the process first.

TRENDING THREADS