Question MSI x570 motherboard will not post with Ryzen 3500 - 8Pin + 4pin power supply?

Oct 19, 2019
Hi All,

First time builder, Working with a MSI x570 Gaming edge wifi mobo having issues getting it to post. The power connectors are not providing power to the mobo even though my power supply is compatible, full specs below. With the sound thing plugged in I get one long beep if the power supply is not plugged in to the CPU power slot. If anything is plugged into the mobo cpu power slot nothing turns on. Plz help!

Mobo: MSI x570 Gaming edge wifi
Ryzen 5 3600
Storage: Samsung N-NAND SSD 500g NVME M.2 drive
Card: MSI G Force GTX 1050
PS: Corsair RM 650
Ram: OLOy Warhawk x2 16g

Last edited:
First, do make sure you give the system enough time to boot - Ryzen systems can actually take more than a minute on first boot before displaying anything. Subsequent boots are much faster.
Then, your PSU must be replaced : I've had a bunch of Corsair 650W PSU, all of them were fried after a few months - POS if I ever saw any.

Oct 19, 2019
First, do make sure you give the system enough time to boot - Ryzen systems can actually take more than a minute on first boot before displaying anything. Subsequent boots are much faster.
Then, your PSU must be replaced : I've had a bunch of Corsair 650W PSU, all of them were fried after a few months - POS if I ever saw any.
Any other PSU you recco?