Jan 16, 2021
Long story short.

My current setup is:
i5-6600k
Asus Z170-P
GTX 1070 FE
16GB DDR4

I am attempting to upgrade to a ryzen 5 5600x with a MSI X570 Tomahawk mobo. Nothing is posting and the debug CPU led is constantly lit up. I have attempted to flash the bios, cleared the CMOS, used several memory sticks (both USB 2 and 3), attempted with no RAM, 1 stick, 2 sticks (including A2). I ordered a ryzen 3 2200G and that is still giving me the same issue. I really don't feel like spending another 8 hours attempting this. Is there anything I haven't tried or am doing horribly wrong, or could it just be a dead mobo?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Yeah I've still got a while for that. It wouldn't be that I'm only using the 8 pin CPU connector as my PSU doesn't have a 4 pin? I know that an 8 pin connector is more than enough for a 65W CPU but I'm unsure.
Using more cpu connectors than needed can only really benefit the cpu.So its not that
Long story short.

My current setup is:
i5-6600k
Asus Z170-P
GTX 1070 FE
16GB DDR4

I am attempting to upgrade to a ryzen 5 5600x with a MSI X570 Tomahawk mobo. Nothing is posting and the debug CPU led is constantly lit up. I have attempted to flash the bios, cleared the CMOS, used several memory sticks (both USB 2 and 3), attempted with no RAM, 1 stick, 2 sticks (including A2). I ordered a ryzen 3 2200G and that is still giving me the same issue. I really don't feel like spending another 8 hours attempting this. Is there anything I haven't tried or am doing horribly wrong, or could it just be a dead mobo?

Thanks.

I'd pull the battery out and let it sit 5 min...put a fresh battery in if you have one handy or swap it with your old board. If that doesn't get you anywhere I'd say it's time to RMA the board...it may have been damaged in shipping.

TRENDING THREADS