[SOLVED] MSI X570 Unfiy Motherboard will not detect GPU in PCIe Slot 1

SnickerinTurtles

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
Hi all,
I am having an issue with my GPU not being detected when it is in the main PCI_E slot, but when put the GPU in the 2nd slot it is registered and everything works just fine. I have seen forms where some people have had a similar issue with no solution except for using the 2nd or 3rd PCI_E slot depending on what they have available to them.
Please let me know what info you need to hopefully find a solution that will help everyone else. I just received this Mobo and I would be fine with an RMA if needed.
Here are the parts I have in PC:
Mobo: MSI MEG 570 Unify
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X
GPU: 1080TI
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake TH360 AIO

Solution
Your specs are partial. Can you include the following:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for the motherboard, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can breadboard the system with only one stick of ram, the boot drive and your discrete GPU, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 30 minutes. Once replaced, see if the system regains power with the GPU in the first PCIe slot.

Lutfij

Titan
Your specs are partial. Can you include the following:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for the motherboard, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can breadboard the system with only one stick of ram, the boot drive and your discrete GPU, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 30 minutes. Once replaced, see if the system regains power with the GPU in the first PCIe slot.

Solution