[SOLVED] MSI X570 won't post with 3600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2019
My components: Ryzen 5 3600(new), MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus(new), 2x8gb rams 3200hz(new), nvidia 1060, psu, monitor, keyboard, case, etc.

I am confident that my old components work because I just installed my old cpu and old mobo and it works just fine. Rams are fine too.

The problem is that I bought an ASUS x470 MOBO about 2 weeks ago with Ryzen 3600, and for some reason I did not post and did not show anything on the monitor. So I returned the mobo and got this X570 which is Ryzen ready. However, this combination is also not posting. Fans are running and lights are on, but nothing shows on monitor.

Here's list of what I tried:
Clearing CMOS
update BIOS using flash
unpluged every unnecessary thing and leave only cpu, gpu and ram(with 24pin and cpu power and gpu power connected)
all other information that I could find on the internet...

Here I uploaded the video of it. The LEDs turn on and off for about 10sec each, those are EZ debug lights. First one is CPU, skipping the DRAM light, second is GPU, and the last is BOOT light.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy03s2dGwiU&feature=youtu.be

Please please help me out. I already spend too much time and money trying to get this work but failed everything.

Solution
Try remove the button battery then, another way to reset cmos. Power off and pull the power cord. Hold case power button for a good 30 seconds to discharge remaining capacitor power. Remove coin size battery for a few minutes. Remember the side it goes back.

Lot's of people are having issues with x570 boards for some reason.

Simple checks.

Check video cable isnt blocked slightly from the case.

Check any modular power cables are all plugged in at the psu end.

Try with one stick of ram in A2 (2nd slot from cpu)

---

Could try remove the graphics card and clear cmos then reinstall.

If you remove the graphics card does the vga debug light come on?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
X470 probably didn't have the latest bios to run zen2 out of the box and probably the reason that board didn't work.

Did you update the x570's bios as well?

How did you clear cmos?

Try turning on the monitor a few seconds after pc.

Jul 26, 2019
X470 probably didn't have the latest bios to run zen2 out of the box and probably the reason that board didn't work.

Did you update the x570's bios as well?

How did you clear cmos?

Try turning on the monitor a few seconds after pc.

1 and 2: youre right and yes I updated x570's bios

3. I jumped the clear cmos thingy according to the manual using paper clip and my screw driver.

4. tried but still did not get anything.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try remove the button battery then, another way to reset cmos. Power off and pull the power cord. Hold case power button for a good 30 seconds to discharge remaining capacitor power. Remove coin size battery for a few minutes. Remember the side it goes back.

Lot's of people are having issues with x570 boards for some reason.

Simple checks.

Check video cable isnt blocked slightly from the case.

Check any modular power cables are all plugged in at the psu end.

Try with one stick of ram in A2 (2nd slot from cpu)

---

Could try remove the graphics card and clear cmos then reinstall.

If you remove the graphics card does the vga debug light come on?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.