Question MSI x570s Carbon, 3/4 EZ debug lights are lit

brainiak

Prominent
Oct 5, 2022
Hi, new system with new components fails, doesn't even go to POST, just a black screen when a monitor is plugged in. There are https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/MB_Boot_No_Display#txt05 on the motherboard, 3/4 are lit (DRAM, VGA, BOOT). These component work as checked on another system.

I've checked/reinstalled all components, went through standard issues list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/, but no difference. The only thing I haven't checked is CPU, I don't want to uninstall it yet, as I don't have enough thermal paste for a new installation. Interestingly my cooling doesn't seem to work either, fans aren't spinning (Arctic Freezer II). GPU fans were spinning on the old GPU when I tested it, not on the new one (RX 7750 XT), but that is a feature of the device. Chassis fans are running. The only other thing that is running is some RGB on the MOBO.

PSU is way more than enough for the system and it appears to be working, it's also a quality brand (Seasonic).

I've tried updating BIOS, using M-Flash button. This was weirdly quick, only took 8 seconds (for 32MB file though USB2). Maybe the newest (may 2022) was already installed?

Additional silly question for people who installed this MOBO: do you remember if there was a plastic guard on the CPU socket? From what I remember there was none, nothing in the manual and some videos I've checked, CPU installation went smooth with no resistance, so I guess there wasn't any guard.

Well I guess I ran out of sensible things to check. I think it's time to send MOBO back an wait another week or two, but I'm just checking if there is anything else I could check. Any ideas or suggestions?

Never mind, I'm a moron. Not an issue with the MOBO. I've rechecked connection again, ATX power wasn't fully inserted into the PSU. Only realized once I've took it outside of the chassis and reconnected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've tried updating BIOS, using M-Flash button. This was weirdly quick, only took 8 seconds (for 32MB file though USB2). Maybe the newest (may 2022) was already installed?
Did you clear the CMOS after you've deduced that the BIOS was successfully flashed with the latest BIOS version?

Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? Slots A2 + B2?

GPU: RX 7750 XT
Are you sure about that GPU?