MSI X99A Godlike Gaming ATX Motherboard Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished

I made the exact same observation. Now I find myself making excuses at how my next computer needs to be X99. It's kind of like an SSD. Once you try one, it's hard to go back.

. . . I think I need help, maybe an intervention. ;)

Difference is, with a SSD, you're dropping maybe $100.00. For a build using this mobo, $100 isn't going to get you very far at all...

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015

Nope but then I'm still gaming on my 12 years old rig because I considered there wasn't enough inovation or enough performance improvement to justify a new rig. I just upgraded the video card, changed the dead CPU cooler and the PSU once and put a SSD. And yeah, I play 8+ years old titles on full HD with maxed details on my AMD 64 with AGP. It also plays smoothly full HD movies with 12 Gbps video data rate and surround audio.

Then again, give the technology to the masses and they will know what to do with...

Outdated? Really? Then why did Intel just release Broadwell-E chips for it? Where's the news about an X99 successor? Consider that X58 and X79 each went three years before their successors came out. X99 isn't quite two years old yet.

Eggz

Distinguished

Ha, I thought the same thing. Even X79 still performs one par with just about any 6-core chip, and X58 is still doing okay for a lot of tasks as well.

leodmonkey

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
Hate the way they change the connectors color ....really awkward, MSI ever heard of standards?

<Mod Edit for language>

Status
Not open for further replies.