MSI X99A Godlike Gaming overclocking issues

Locke7280

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
My problem is simple, but I can't seem to fix it. I can adjust the cpu ratio using the plus/minus keys, however the system changes the settings the moment I turn OC genie on. No matter what I set the ratio to, it changes it to 39 at the highest. I'm using a I7-5930k processor, if that helps any at all. I wanted to try it out at 4.5 mhz, but alas it won't let me. At this point I'd settle for 4.2. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
I don't use those auto OC things, they seldom ever set anything decent and generally overvolt about everywhere. Have you tried manually OCing

Locke7280

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

I flashed the latest BIOS off the MSI website when I had the problem, it didn't help. I left most other settings on auto or at their default level. I was just trying to raise the cpu ratio above 39, but it doesn't seem to want to let me.

Locke7280

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
I'm not sure I explained well enough, so I'll try again. The settings change before I even restart the PC to actually overclock. I set the cpu ratio to 45, click the OC Genie button on the BIOS screen to enable it, reopen the settings and it has been changed to 39.