[SOLVED] MSI Z140A M5 - What driver?

Tompaloka

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Hi,

So I've been having issues with my audio.

The issue:
Whenever I play a song/any audio on my computer. My friends hear what I'm listening to through my mic (I have a Steelseries Arctis 1) and even if the mic isn't plugged in, they still hear music.
I've tried the Realtek driver from MSI's website, same issue. I've also tried an external sound card (Roccat Juke), same issue, and also the High Definition Audio, same issue. It doesn't matter what headsets I use, I've tried like 3 different headsets and It's the same issue. I even reinstalled Windows to day but still the same issue.

I also have a lot of static noise whenever I move the cursor etc.

I'm at a loss and I hope for someone to give me some advice :)

CPU: intel i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 1080

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea how to check it? I've been looking through the sound settings a lot but i'm not 100% sure what you mean.

If you check the support for whatever program you are using to talk through they should have things to look at, as well as through the sound card driver options. I've never had this issue myself so have not poked around the settings in different programs.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea how to check it? I've been looking through the sound settings a lot but i'm not 100% sure what you mean.

If you check the support for whatever program you are using to talk through they should have things to look at, as well as through the sound card driver options. I've never had this issue myself so have not poked around the settings in different programs.

Solution