MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ATX Motherboard Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashburner

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I just got this motherboard and when I turn on the PC, the DRAM light comes on and no POST. Out of the 50 or so times I tried it, after moving around the RAM it did boot twice. This is with ADATA Gold 3000 DDR4. I've ordered a Corsair 2400 kit to see if it is truly the RAM or a problem with the motherboard.

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Not many people use M.2 slots. This might be why.

Very true. M.2 is becoming affordable but I'm sure the numbers show that SSDs are probably the main drive in >99% of systems when compared to M.2. Also, if you are buying more than one M.2 then I assume you have a higher end mobo to afford/need it.

Ah yes the P600. I was gonna buy the 500gb version but then Amazon had BlackFriday deal and 1tb 850 evo was $220, so....yeah...now I got a 1tb waiting to go in my new build. P600 is decently priced and good performance.

ashburner

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009

iBuyPower had the upgrade to a 1TB P600 for $115 from an ADATA 256 GB so I couldn't resist. They didn't tell me it wasn't in stock yet however and it took them nearly 4 weeks to ship my PC. In the meantime, I picked up a couple of EVOs as well from that same sale. At one point, I was going to switch from the 1TB P600 to a 1TB Evo 850 but they said it would be an upcharge of $200 so I just waited. And now I'm still waiting, because my MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon came DOA. I called them for an RMA on Monday and it finally shipped last night and should be here by next Monday. Very frustrating!!!

ah

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Thomas, am I right to say that the M.2 screw is universal irrespective of Motherboard model? The thing is: I lost the M.2 for my X99A gaming pro carbon, I emailed MSI Australia for help last week, today they replied that they the M.2 screw for the particular motherboard. Are they bullshit or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS