[SOLVED] Msi z270 3 long beep

Sep 30, 2019
Whenever my monitor is turned off and I turn on my pc I hear 3 long beeps and ez debug led for vga turns on but after that hear normal boot beep and my pc boots with no problem. This wont happen if I turn my monitor on before powering on my pc and i will just hear normal beep.
Its like it beeps because it checks my monitor but im not sure ... should I be worried? Or its normal for my mainboard

Extra info: my system was working fine for at least a year but it didn't had internal speaker connected to it. I connected it just recently so this problem may existed whole time without me noticing it

My system spec
Msi z270 gaming plus
i7 7700k
24gb gskill ripjaws v: 2x 8gb 2x 4gb
Msi 1060 gaming x
My monitor msi optix mag24c 144hz
Connected with display cable

Solution
It's beeping because you do not have the option to disable stopping or ignoring a no monitor signal enabled in the bios. Is there a REASON you are turning the monitor off manually instead of simply allowing it to enter it's low power state when the system is sleeping or shut down? There is really no reason to turn the monitor fully off unless you are to be away from the system for a really extended period of time or if a storm wit electrical potential is approaching and you unplug the unit from the wall for protective assurances.

The amount of power used by a monitor in it's low power state for a year is probably less than the amount of energy you waste in a month by opening and closing the refrigerator door, especially since most...
It's beeping because you do not have the option to disable stopping or ignoring a no monitor signal enabled in the bios. Is there a REASON you are turning the monitor off manually instead of simply allowing it to enter it's low power state when the system is sleeping or shut down? There is really no reason to turn the monitor fully off unless you are to be away from the system for a really extended period of time or if a storm wit electrical potential is approaching and you unplug the unit from the wall for protective assurances.

The amount of power used by a monitor in it's low power state for a year is probably less than the amount of energy you waste in a month by opening and closing the refrigerator door, especially since most people are not particularly expeditious about it.

Otherwise, you can probably just ignore it. Since it stops once you power on the unit, it's obvious that it is a signal to you that no display was detected. Same thing would happen if you disconnect the mouse or keyboard, unless you disable that feature in the BIOS.

Reactions: Saeedbs
Solution
Sep 30, 2019

The amount of power used by a monitor in it's low power state for a year is probably less than the amount of energy you waste in a month by opening and closing the refrigerator door, especially since most people are not particularly expeditious about it.

Otherwise, you can probably just ignore it. Since it stops once you power on the unit, it's obvious that it is a signal to you that no display was detected. Same thing would happen if you disconnect the mouse or keyboard, unless you disable that feature in the BIOS.
Thanks for your answer I turn it off because of blinking blue led bothers me at nights when i want to sleep and in a dark room it seems annoying and won't let me sleep
Does that feature has any special title in bios setting? To ignore no monitor?

You'll just have to look through the BIOS. There is probably not a specific monitor setting, like there may be for keyboard and mouse, but probably something like "do not stop on errors" or disable "stop when no keyboard or mouse detected during POST". Something along those lines. It's one of those settings that is unlikely to show up in the user manual but exists in most motherboard BIOS or UEFI setup programs so you just have to look for it. Usually, it will be in either the boot or health sections of the BIOS.

Reactions: Saeedbs
Are you looking in EZ mode or Advanced mode? You need to press F7 while in the BIOS to switch to advanced mode. Then look through the settings again. Should be there somewhere. Let me know if you still can't find it. All boards have these BIOS settings.

Latest posts