MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | Random Crashes, Freezes, Re-Boots and Not Starting Up HELP!

slking1989

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hi All.

First time posting!

I have a huge problem with my gaming PC. I have scoured to the far corners of the internet and tried everything possible to troubleshoot. I usually do not post asking for help as i can usually find my answer but this time i am at my wits end! I have concluded that this must be something to do with this motherboard.

I fairly recently bought.

MSI Z270 Gaming M7
Intel i7700k
Cosair Vengeance 2400mhz 1 x 16gb

From this day i have been having various issue, most of which are recurring. I am in desperate need of help!

My Set Up.

MB - MSI Z270 Gaming M7
CPU - Intel i7700k
CPU Fan - HyperX 212
RAM - Cosair Vengeance 2400mhz 1 x 16gb
HDD - 2TB HDD
PSU - Corsair RM850i

The Problems

Random Screen Crashes - This is the most frequent. Completely unresponsive and sometimes the graphics screw up and loud noise if speakers are on. Appeared to be GPU related
Not Booting - All lights and fans are running but Keyboard, mouse and monitor not working - Usually Mobo error 55
Random restarts - This was happening as often as the crashes but now much less frequent.
Crashes happen in BIOS.
Always seem completely random and not related to anything i am doing on the PC.

What I've tried

New PSU - I upgraded from 600W (bronze) to 850W (gold)
Tested without GPU
Tested without all optical drives
Moved RAM in each slot
Tested RAM with windows test
Reseated CPU Heatsink
Checked CPU pins are not bent
Updated BIOS
Checked CPU Temps
Reapplied thermal paste
Intel CPU diagnostics test
Turned XMP on
Cleared CMOS and removed battery
Removed C-states
Rebuilt the whole thing about 5 times
Cleaned RAM contacts with eraser

Havent tried

A different RAM Stick
Same Compo's in new motherboard
A different CPU

ANY HELP WOULD BE EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!!

do not use the liveinsatller, do it manually 1 by 1 , that liveupdate has got issues.

after you have done that you want to reinstall your graphics card drivers

Solution

ktrinanl

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

So what do you mean by one-by-one? Do I need to install all of the drivers, or just like the chipset drivers?

mjohnstone20

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I have been having the same issue on my machine since I bought it as Well, except it is a z170 Asus board with a 6600k.

Did you ever manage to figure out what the issue was for you? Was the driver installation instructions fix helpful in solving the issue?