Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I've recently built a new computer with the next components:

Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Plus
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC WindForce 4GB GDDR5
Power Source: Tacens Mars Gaming Vulcano 750W 80+ Silver
RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 PC4-17000 8GB CL14

I believe I have connected everything properly. I had experience replacing components from my old PC, but I had never built one from scratch.

The problem is that when I turn on the PC, all the fans will start spinning and LEDs will turn on, but nothing will be displayed on screen (I've tried connecting with the motherboard via VGA and with the GPU via HDMI, nothinjg worked).

EZ debug LEDs turn on and off one by one and stay all off after that. LED in the PCI x16 is on, indicating that the GPU is connected.

I still have to try to put the RAM sticks in the third from the left port, but I can't try it right now.

If it doesn't work changing where the RAM is, any clue what it could be?

joaquimgrino

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

I've tried plugging two different screens to the VGA port on the motherboard (with the GPU in the PCI x16 port) but none of them worked. I'll remove it and try it again as soon as possible (tomorrow).

As for the screens I tried it on, one of the has both a VGA and an HDMI port, the other only has VGA. I haven't tried using an adaptor.

I'll say something when I try that out, thanks for the quick response!

make sure the eps 8 pin cable is connected on the side of the mb. make sure you did not use the video power cables the 6 plus 2 to power the eps power. check that your standoffs are in the right spot and not shorting the mb out same for the io shield. if there no video pull the mb try posting on top of the mb box with one dimm and onboard video. one thing to check is the mb bios rev. make sure it at a rev that post your cpu.

joaquimgrino

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

The computer seems to work without the GPU connected, but it wont give me any video output when it is connected.

joaquimgrino

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I installed Windows 10 using the motherboard without a GPU and updated drivers and such of the motherboard, then tried again using the GPU.
I don't know if it was the drivers or if I didn't connect it properly both times I did it before, but it's working fine now, Thanks guys!