Msi z270 m3 backplate

jdaivid12

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
the backplate of the msi gaming m3, is the styrofoam of its backplate back should be remove or not before installing?

cant find any instruction about it, so much appreciate if anyone can help c:

Solution
So far, I've always been able to install the boards without removing it. But some users reported that it prevented the board from being properly installed. So, if that's the case, just remove the foam/cushion. It has a protection role, for the I/O shield. Other than that, I don't see too much use.

jdaivid12

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
thanks for the fast reply, really appreciate it. and what I mean is the metal plate that being attach at the back panel connector before the motherboard itself, the one who have a msi logo c:

jdaivid12

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
ah thanks alot, so its optional defend upon the user. And I/O shield is what its called not backplate, sorry also in my stupidity and bad english. But last question, in your opinion: should it be remove or not?

So far, I've always been able to install the boards without removing it. But some users reported that it prevented the board from being properly installed. So, if that's the case, just remove the foam/cushion. It has a protection role, for the I/O shield. Other than that, I don't see too much use.

Solution

jdaivid12

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018