[SOLVED] MSI Z370 Gaming M5 and i5 9600k

Jan 21, 2021
Hello yall

So i'm ordering MSI Z370 Gaming M5 and i5 9600k and i don't know if ill need an bios update or something will be wrong, so that's why i came here.
I really want to oc it to 5ghz and its ofc for gaming.
Cheers

Solution
Your motherboard has a BIOS Flashback+ capability. See page 49 of your motherboard manual, and read it carefully. This will allow you to update your BIOS

MSI Manual Download Page

You need at least BIOS file 7B58v17.zip. The zip file will contain a file called E7B58IMS.170 - this is the actual file you want to rename to MSI.ROM (as per your motherboard manual) and put on your FAT32 formatted flash drive.

Excerpt from your manual:
"Before updating:
Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI® website and rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM. And then, save the MSI.ROM file to the root of USB flash drive.

Only the FAT32 format USB flash drive supports updating BIOS by BIOS FLASHBACK+...
Your motherboard has a BIOS Flashback+ capability. See page 49 of your motherboard manual, and read it carefully. This will allow you to update your BIOS

MSI Manual Download Page

You need at least BIOS file 7B58v17.zip. The zip file will contain a file called E7B58IMS.170 - this is the actual file you want to rename to MSI.ROM (as per your motherboard manual) and put on your FAT32 formatted flash drive.

Excerpt from your manual:
"Before updating:
Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI® website and rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM. And then, save the MSI.ROM file to the root of USB flash drive.

Only the FAT32 format USB flash drive supports updating BIOS by BIOS FLASHBACK+.
  1. Connect power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No other components are necessary but power supply.)
  2. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the BIOS FLASHBACK+ port on rear I/O panel.
  3. Press the BIOS FLASHBACK+ button to flash BIOS, and the light of BIOS FLASHBACK+ button starts flashing.
  4. After the flashing BIOS process is 100% completed, the button light would stop flashing and would be off simultaneously. "

Last edited:
Solution