Question Msi z390 gaming pro carbon ac with i7 9700k or i7 8700k

Jan 5, 2019
Hi I'm basically worried abt the i7 9700k bcz I saw few games the cpu usage is max at 100% . And if I get the i7 8700k what of should I go for and air cooling for it . Thanks

They both perform almost exactly the same. The 9700k has 2 more cores, but the 8700k has faster speed, more threads. In gaming, they will perform very similar to eachother, but if your budget allow the 9700k, that is better. Your GPU might end up limiting the CPU. For both CPUs, I recommended liquid cooling.

Reactions: lassiroddy123
Jan 5, 2019
Thanks u for the info . Where I live there both the same price I was very worried getting the newer i7 9700k bcz I play assassin's creed alot and I saw heaps of YouTube videos where cpu usage is 100%

So the cpu 100%. is this fine to play games?

therea a few ways we have to look at this information, 100% load could indicate that the processor is just being used to its max because the game is just too demanding for it, or, the game is just so optimized that it can make full usage for the processor to squeeze every single performance juice possible, or theres one more more stuff in background using resources than it should.

the thing to consider is if the performance is still fine, people often get alarmed by high cpu usages and start to going crazy about bottleneck and what not, but if its full time 100%, and is cool enough, and you have a good gameplay experience, so whats the worry? by default every single piece of equipment have to work perfectly at its max capacity

Reactions: lassiroddy123