Question MSI Z490-A PRO & i7-10700K doesn't boot (LED is blinking)

Mar 9, 2021
Hello guys, I bought a new config:

MSI Z490-A PRO
Intel Core i7-10700K
Kingston HyperX Fury 2x 8GB (HX432C16FB3K2)

With my previous, already tested, Corsair power supply, and SSD.

My problem is that the pc is only booting I put the RAMs in SLOT1 / SLOT2 (A1 / A2), so no dual channel this way...

If I put RAM (even just one) in SLOT 3 or 4 (B1 / B2), the machine simply won't start, white LEDs on the motherboard (CPU, DRAM) will flash alternately.
I also tried different combinations like A1 / B1, A2 / B2, but no luck, if there is anything in B1 or B2 it won't work. Only A1+A2

What can be done? Is the motherboard faulty?
Should I take everything apart and send it back?

Reseat the cpu...memory slots ( 2 by 2 ...dual channel) have direct connection to the CPU, its highly possible the CPU to not be connected properly to on of the pins on the socket and that is enough for 2 memory slots to not be working. Also back in the day I received my mobo with bent pins on the socket, with a little bit clockwork's work i made them straight, everything works flawlessly 3 years now. Remove your cpu and check for bent pins and then reseat the CPU and try again to boot.

If you see damage you should return it since it brand new (Mobo i mean).

Last edited:
Hello guys, I bought a new config:

MSI Z490-A PRO
Intel Core i7-10700K
Kingston HyperX Fury 2x 8GB (HX432C16FB3K2)

With my previous, already tested, Corsair power supply, and SSD.

My problem is that the pc is only booting I put the RAMs in SLOT1 / SLOT2 (A1 / A2), so no dual channel this way...

If I put RAM (even just one) in SLOT 3 or 4 (B1 / B2), the machine simply won't start, white LEDs on the motherboard (CPU, DRAM) will flash alternately.
I also tried different combinations like A1 / B1, A2 / B2, but no luck, if there is anything in B1 or B2 it won't work. Only A1+A2

What can be done? Is the motherboard faulty?
Should I take everything apart and send it back?
It may be the motherboard....but it also could be that the two sticks don't like to work in dual channel for some reason. I think that's possible.

Mar 9, 2021
Yes, I think so. It definitely looks so.
It was like that when I opened it, though I didn't really think it will cause such problems.

Will warranty work? If not, what can I do?

Yes, I think so. It definitely looks so.
It was like that when I opened it, though I didn't really think it will cause such problems.

Will warranty work? If not, what can I do?
If it is still under warranty and they were like that when you got it....I would DEFINITELY warranty it. It should not be that way.

If in the future....you do something like that and it's not under warranty....you can try and straighten them. I use a razer blade and a credit card and pliers.

Jul 31, 2021
I have same issue and found this fix but I dont understand it. Did you fix yours?
The issue has been resolved. I found a half a volt on the cpu's cooler , over the power supply's zero. This was less when faulty memory slots were not used. Grounding the foot of the cpu cooler to the powersupply's zero resolved the issue and the pc now boots using the faulty memory slots.

Mar 9, 2021
I have same issue and found this fix but I dont understand it. Did you fix yours?
The issue has been resolved. I found a half a volt on the cpu's cooler , over the power supply's zero. This was less when faulty memory slots were not used. Grounding the foot of the cpu cooler to the powersupply's zero resolved the issue and the pc now boots using the faulty memory slots.

Hello I have sent mine back and got a replacement.