Question MSI Z590 PRO issue with M-Flash

Jun 2, 2021
I'm trying to flash the bios to newest version, I've downloaded the zip and extracted it, it's basically a file 'E7D09IMS.A00'. I've copied it onto USB, went into BIOS, entered M-Flash and... I see the USB drive, but I don't see the file. The manual says it is enough to just copy and select the file - but I can't since I don't see it in the M-Flash file browser. Any ideas?

Jaegeren

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
Is the usb formatted to FAT32?
Also only copy the relevant file. Not the text file
Is it USB 2.0 or 3.0?

I found out MSI boards are very picky with what usb sticks you use.

I use a Sandisk 2.0, 4gb model, and put it into the direct usb 2.0 port on the mb. It always works.

Jun 2, 2021
Is the usb formatted to FAT32?
Also only copy the relevant file. Not the text file
Is it USB 2.0 or 3.0?

I found out MSI boards are very picky with what usb sticks you use.

I use a Sandisk 2.0, 4gb model, and put it into the direct usb 2.0 port on the mb. It always works.
it's a 16GB FAT32 pendrive. USB2.0 port. what is weird is that I can see the drive in the selector, and I can browse directories on it. I just can't select the file. FAQ on MSI site says for this type of case 'Download correct file from the site'. But I AM downloading the correct file! WTH?

Jun 2, 2021
Afer sending support request to MSI it turns out they had put out wrong version of the BIOS file on their site, and it was removed. Case closed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS