Jan 25, 2023
Specs:

CPU: 11400f

Ram : 8x2 Adata 2400MHz

GPU: GTX 980ti

PSU: Huntley MVP 600W (Bought in China)

Motherboard: MSI Z590 Unify

Storage: M.2 Nvme WD 1tb SN 550

Currently system is unable to boot, and there is no debug indicator. Only light seen in the red clear CMOS button and the power button on the motherboard will blink white sometimes.

I have tested all components on another system and it takes multiple power ons but they work. I am wondering if the power supply is the issue since I bout it 7 to 8 years ago. Maybe it is in compatible. Just wanted to know before I decide to buy another one.

Any help will be appreciated

Specs:

CPU: 11400f

Ram : 8x2 Adata 2400MHz

GPU: GTX 980ti

PSU: Huntley MVP 600W (Bought in China)

Motherboard: MSI Z590 Unify

Storage: M.2 Nvme WD 1tb SN 550

Currently system is unable to boot, and there is no debug indicator. Only light seen in the red clear CMOS button and the power button on the motherboard will blink white sometimes.

I have tested all components on another system and it takes multiple power ons but they work. I am wondering if the power supply is the issue since I bout it 7 to 8 years ago. Maybe it is in compatible. Just wanted to know before I decide to buy another one.

Any help will be appreciated
Are you still in China? If not, does this PSU support the voltage?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The obvious guess would be to consider the PSU if by no other metric, its age. I like to feel more confident when throwing money at a problem.

You mention that during testing of the components that they all work but require multiple power cycles. Have you narrowed down the specific hardware causing that issue?

I had been considering picking up this mobo when it was on sale for $130 on Amazon. I already have the ITX version of it and like it not only for its looks, but the power delivery as well. The full size board takes that to another level.

Jan 25, 2023
The obvious guess would be to consider the PSU if by no other metric, its age. I like to feel more confident when throwing money at a problem.

You mention that during testing of the components that they all work but require multiple power cycles. Have you narrowed down the specific hardware causing that issue?

I had been considering picking up this mobo when it was on sale for $130 on Amazon. I already have the ITX version of it and like it not only for its looks, but the power delivery as well. The full size board takes that to another level.
I did carry the previous system to a repair shop and they said the issue was the motherboard, which was the main reason I upgraded to this new one. However when that motherboard was giving trouble connected devices like a mouse would light up which is absent from this current one. So there does seem to be a power issue with this one. Wouldn't want to think it's another Mobo issue😥.