Question MSI Z68A-GD80(G3) Motherboard showing A3 error

deba707

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hello,
Recently my MSI Z68A-GD80(G3) Motherboard which had been working without any problems is showing the A3 error code and stops to boot even does not allow to enter the UEFI/BIOS even. I have tried to reset the Bios by resetting the CMOS jumpers and also removing the CMOS battery but to no avail. I have removed all the hardware (graphics card, wifi card, RAM modules) and tried to boot with a bare minimum hardware, but still the same error message. I have a Intel i3 Cpu installed with 8Gb Ram & two harddrives (one Toshiba - 500 GB and another WD - 3TB). Plz anybody help with any solution.....

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you include the rest of your system's specs? Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model. When you state removing the CMOS battery, did you disconnect the system from the wall and display and then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes before replacing it? Might also want to remove the motherboard from the system and inspect the motherboard for every inch and see if you have swollen or leaking capacitors.

deba707

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hello,
Recently my MSI Z68A-GD80(G3) Motherboard which had been working without any problems is showing the A3 error code and stops to boot even does not allow to enter the UEFI/BIOS even. I have tried to reset the Bios by resetting the CMOS jumpers and also removing the CMOS battery but to no avail. I have removed all the hardware (graphics card, wifi card, RAM modules) and tried to boot with a bare minimum hardware, but still the same error message. I have a Intel i3 Cpu installed with 8Gb Ram & two harddrives (one Toshiba - 500 GB and another WD - 3TB). Plz anybody help with any solution.....

deba707

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
My computer is an assembled machine with Intel i3-2120 (Lga 1155 socket) processor
8GB Ram
Motherboard - MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
HDD - Toshiba (500 GB) & WD (3TB)
Graphics card - Novidia Quadro K600
Chasis - Corsair, OS - Linux (Mint,Ubuntu & CentOS) on the WD drive & Windows 11 & 7 on Toshiba drive.
I have shutdown the machine, disconnected all power cables and then did the CMOS jumper reset as well as Battery removal, but still the CMOS did not clear and is still showing A3 error code after restarting the machine.

TRENDING THREADS