News MSI Z690 Motherboard Specifications Leaked Ahead Of Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2021
Ok, the bottom line is that I will use i9-12900K + DDR5, but some people say like this:
AMD's side: oh intel's 12th gen is an experimental CPU and it won't work well in Win10 and gaming!
Intel's side: no it has a 'big.LITTLE Solution', so it'll distribute its calculation perfectly! So that's why it is better than RYZEN CPU!

bolweval

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Ok, the bottom line is that I will use i9-12900K + DDR5, but some people say like this:
AMD's side: oh intel's 12th gen is an experimental CPU and it won't work well in Win10 and gaming!
Intel's side: no it has a 'big.LITTLE Solution', so it'll distribute its calculation perfectly! So that's why it is better than RYZEN CPU!
Strange how people get so personal about a CPU makers isn't it?

BILL1957

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020
Actually going to be interesting to see these boards pricing with the different memory standards and levels of performance.
Also real world benches that show the performance differences between DDR5 and several different speed levels of DDR4 memory.
If the pricing on a complete Alder Lake platform greatly exceed that of its current AMD competitors then even with a decent performance increase the platform will see much lower sales.
Alder Lake is now being questioned as well whether it will work on older games as well without that game getting an update patch, another possible strike against the new CPU.
A lot of questions to be answered prior to many making the jump I expect.

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
For now, I'll continue to use my current 12 year old PC that supports 1080p, 8-bit video at 60Hz.
I will not be buying any new motherboard, video card or monitor that does not have thunderbolt 4.0 USB-C ports.
I will only be purchasing motherboards that support PCIe 5.0 and DDR5.
I have no interest in purchasing old or obsolete technology. I already own old, obsolete technology and I don't require additional old, obsolete technology.

BX4096

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
The hell, not a single board with 8 RAM slots? I have 8 sticks of DDR4 RAM on my current MSI MB and was hoping to move all 8 with the upgrade. Guess I'll be looking for another brand.

DerCribben

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
The hell, not a single board with 8 RAM slots? I have 8 sticks of DDR4 RAM on my current MSI MB and was hoping to move all 8 with the upgrade. Guess I'll be looking for another brand.

I mean, 4 sticks of DDR5 can be 512GB of RAM at something like 4800Mhz-8400Mhz so...

Status
Not open for further replies.