Question MSI Z690 PRO motherboard has a dark patch in one spot ?

Feb 7, 2022
I noticed that one specific spot on this board is darker than everywhere else. I don't think I've seen this on any other boards online, at least not that I could tell. Does anyone know why this specific area is darker than the others and if it is a concern at all? I have not touched that area at all with my fingers or anything else to have caused this. The darker spot was there when I first unboxed this board.

I should note that I have tried to remove this spot with Isopropyl Alcohol, thinking it was some kind of residue. It seems to have not done much or anything at all to remove the spot.

Update imgur link:

View: https://imgur.com/a/GX5AB1B

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I noticed that one specific spot on this board is darker than everywhere else. I don't think I've seen this on any other boards online, at least not that I could tell. Does anyone know why this specific area is darker than the others and if it is a concern at all?

https://ibb.co/rZd2N22
Can't see anything right were you have it marked it say download full image.
Post the picture on imgur.

Feb 7, 2022
On my PC now and it looks like nothing at all other spots on the board look the same.
Thank you for the reply, I do appreciate it. However, I have looked at this specific spots from all different angles and I notice it is slightly darker compared to everywhere else on the board. Maybe the picture is not doing it justice here. I can see if I can post a better one perhaps.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022
Behind my pc and see it fine. Don't think it's something to worry about, might be a thumbprint for all i know, some skin residu. You touched the motherboard there maybe?
Would a thumbprint still be visible after cleaning with isopropyl alcohol? I had dabbed a small amount as to try and remove it, thinking it is some kind of residue. I have not touched it there with my fingers. I noticed it as soon as I unboxed it.

Thanks