MSI Z77 MPOWER can't detect my GTX970

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Greetings,

I've bought me a GTX 970 since my GTX 780 is toast. And it seems that this MB can't detect Zotacs GTX970 Graphics card. The card works flawlessly on other boards but not on mine. I've also tested another GPU on my board and it posts. I've tried UEFI boot, UEFI+Leagcy boot nothing is really helping always the same BIOS debug code b6. So is there a possibility to make it work somehow on this Board or is it hopless?

BIOS up to date? Version 17.12 is the latest. Use M-Flash within BIOS and the unzipped BIOS file on an USB flash drive in USB2.0

Is the 970 installed in the upper PCIe slot?

Which CPU are you using?

Reset the BIOS (JBAT1 or clrCMOS button on the back while power is unplugged from the wall)

are you sure it´s the debug code "B6"?

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

Hi there,

yes the latest BIOS is already flashed V17.13 I've even tried the Beta and no result. The 970 is in the upper slot, but the same debug code comes up no matter in which slot you plug it in. CPU is a Core i7 2600K (pls. I don't won't to hear to check for bent pins, cuz I've checked that). I've plugged out the battery for 5 mins the PC was unplugged from the wall and no effect. I've reseted the CMOS countless times. The Internal GPU is working, but no trace of the GTX970 in Device Manager, no matter what I do.

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

The PCIe is plugged in, like I said before the 780 is toast and yes I tried in BIOS to switch PCIe gen and lanes but no luck there.

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

I was playing MGS V suddenly the game freezes and i could smell burned Si and thats it. But that doesn t matter, I've tried other GPUs on this MB and they work flawlessly. I've Leadtek 9800GT and I've tried a GTX 560...both post and both were working flawlessly. I've contacted Zotac they said that thats a MB issue, I've seen on a lot of Forums that there should be a PCI Leagcy support but there is't such option in my BIOS. The 970 works on a MSI Z77A-G43, and I've tried it on a ASUS Z68 Vpro Gen3, even on some older older H61 boards. I'm hopless here

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

Show me where i can find this PCI ROM Priority...I've searched everywhere but couldn't find it!

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

I got the BIOS file from the MSI forum and the BIOS is flashed with M-Flash in BIOS built in flash tool

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

all I got is this

PCI Subsystem settings you can choose between PCIGEN3 Auto and Disable and PCI Latancy timer you can choose the pci clk time from 32 to 224 clks. In Boot section you can choose between UEFI+Leagacy and UEFI. I've tried both and non of it is helping

ok looks like this is the boot option ROM. But if it´s not helping, set it back to default.

Load optimized settings in BIOS and save and exit

if this won´t work, is in BIOS the option integrated graphics set to [PEG]?

can you try another power supply?
the cables from the power supply are the original ones which came with your power supply, any

try different display cables, best would be the working monitor with cable from the system that worked with the zotac.

can you check with an Intel 3rd gen CPU?

check if it´s really the 2x6pin PCIe power version of your zotac or if it´s 2x8PCIe or similar

you can try different vBIOS versions from this site:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&manufacturer=Zotac&model=GTX+970&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

only use the standard vBIOS versions with your original core and memory frequency

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

The only hope I can see there is to flash different vBIOS versions on the GPU, but I need a working PC where I can put this graphics card in and try flashing it. Everything else I ve tried already from other CPU, power supply from cooler master gx 650, looks like this is a special case and that this GPU is incompatible with MSI Z77 MPOWER

ermin.cisic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

Tried that...the board doesn t even detects it on the PCIe slot. Only the IGP is booting up, when you opet device manager same story there