MSI Z77A GD65 wont Post after new CPU

Jul 1, 2018
Hey everyone, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i5-3470 to an i7-3770k. After swapping out processors my computer would not boot or have led's/fans run at all. I tested my power supply and it was somehow dead, and so i swapped it out for a new one as well. After the power supply swap my computer would turn on for a few seconds and then shut off. I took everything out of it except for the motherboard, CPU, and PSU. I placed my mobo outside of the case to rule out something shorting it inside, and tried to test it.

It ran fine, and continuously, but no POST. I hooked up my graphics card and the monitor said no signal, so i tried the onboard graphics, and also no signal. I tried 2 tv's and they said the same. I swapped my processor back for my 3470 and the same thing is happening. I made sure both CPU's were in good condition, there is nothing bent, nor anything that looks damaged. My PSU is at the correct voltage for the US, and i've tried replugging all the connectors at least 3 or 4 times.

I am getting 2 different POST codes during boot:

i7-3770k- I get ff- which supposedly means that the processor is not on by not getting enough power, or not enough memory, or just not working.

i5-3470- I get 09-which i believe has something to do with the RAM, technically:(Power South Bridge Initilization). I've tried taking out all of my sticks and none of the codes change on either CPU when i do.

I've tried a total of 6 different RAM sticks; 2x2 GB G. Skill ripjaws, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance, and 2x4gb of some brand idk. I've tried resetting my CMOS using the button and holding for 10 seconds, I've tried taking out the mobo battery for a minute, I've tried switching my BIOS's using the switch on my motherboard. I've basically tried and replaced every single part in my computer trying to get it to work but it will just not post. It can sit running for hours, without a post.

The only thing I havent tried replacing is my motherboard, because its a socket 1155, and they are all 150$+ for used and refurbished, so I don't want to buy one unless I have to. My motherboard and Power supply were working perfectly fine before i tried to change CPU's, and I'm always very careful when moving around in my tower so I don't know what the hell happened.

My PC Specs are:
MSI Z77A GD65
EVGA GTX 1070
XFX Pro850W PSU (Dead one>Corsair 650W)
2x4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAMsticks
Intel Core i5-3470 / Intel core i7-3770k

any help would be appreciated, I've tried literally everything I could find on the internet to no avail, thank you!

Jul 1, 2018
Yeah I’ve tried probably 3 of the sticks as single ram and tried all slots with them, I just noticed 3 bent pins on my 1155 socket on the motherboard and I straightened them all out pretty good, but still the same errors