Intel i5-13600KF
INNO3D GTX 4070 ti
32GB G.Skill DDR4 RAM
PSU Corsair 750W 80+ Gold

Windows 10 Pro
BIOS version is 7D91v14

Corsair M55 RGB Pro Mouse
HyperX Cloud II Headset

When my PC starts, 1 in 2 or 3 times either the keyboard or mouse gets no power. Sometimes the peripheral gets powered on for one second, turns off, and then doesn't turn on again. The other peripheral would also turn on for one second, turn off (probably while loading BIOS/Windows), and then turn on again. When I re-plug the peripheral it turns on again.

When Windows starts in a regular way it works smoothly, however my microphone, keyboard and mouse cursor stop working randomly. The devices are still connected and powered on, but I can't move the mouse and the mic doesn't pick up any sound. It can also happen at the same time. Re-plugging the USB (temporarily) fixes the problem, or disabling and re-enabling the microphone in Windows Settings. I've updated the BIOS and as far as I can see all MoBo drivers are up-to-date. The peripherals themselves do not have separate drivers. I have also tried to plug them into different USB ports.

I have reinstalled Windows 10 completely, to no avail. Also updated the BIOS, drivers and unplugged everything.

I normally know my PC problems, but here i am completely clueless. Any help is appreciated. What can I do to fix this?

What software are you using to monitor your system? MSI Centre, or anything like that? If so uninstall them, and I'd suggest you uninstall and mouse/matt/keyboard software, and test again.

It's possibly a software glitch caused by a hardware conflict. Stripping back to bare might help.

BlueStripe_99

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2013
It seems to be a (MSI) motherboard issue. For now I have the following workaround:

BIOS settings
  • Disable XCHI handoff
  • PCH Voltage increase to 1.1 V
EDIT: Booted up my PC today and no power on the keyboard (again). Any further help is appreciated.

Last edited: