MSI Z87-G43 Opinions?

kamilstoch

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Hi, I'm reviewing Haswell-suited motherboards at the moment, and I came across the MSI Z87-G43 for about £90. And I was also just wondering if there is a better board at the moment for the same price (maybe lower?). One thing I heard about it is that the BIOS is very good , and helpful for overclocking. So just give me your opinions and experiences on it as much as you can. Thanks

Solution
I have a MSI z77-g45 gaming and the bios does have a lot of features but... its kinda buggy. I have had random issues like the computer refusing to turn on to the processor just straight refusing to overclock etc. I know your talking about using a newer model of my motherboard. Still something to take a look at. I know bios releases have been slow to come from MSI for my board the last one being in Oct and none since.

Also i ended up having some issues with my motherboard flashing the bios to the latest edition I ended up visiting the Unofficial MSI forums https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?board=8.0 ended up using a special guide on there to fully update the bios. Also they have a entire section dedicated to MSI bios on that sight...

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I have a MSI z77-g45 gaming and the bios does have a lot of features but... its kinda buggy. I have had random issues like the computer refusing to turn on to the processor just straight refusing to overclock etc. I know your talking about using a newer model of my motherboard. Still something to take a look at. I know bios releases have been slow to come from MSI for my board the last one being in Oct and none since.

Also i ended up having some issues with my motherboard flashing the bios to the latest edition I ended up visiting the Unofficial MSI forums https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?board=8.0 ended up using a special guide on there to fully update the bios. Also they have a entire section dedicated to MSI bios on that sight might wanna take a look at it.

Overall thought other then a semi buggy BIOS the motherboard is rock solid and hands down one of the best one I have used period. I am very pleased with it and am not sure if I could go back and redo it if i pick another brand. Which should say a lot since I have had some issues with the board.

As far as the ASRock board goes I have a friend that swears by them. He loves them to death and I have come close to buying a ASRock on a few occasions but I have read really horrible things about there support that always scares me away. Things like them refusing to honor warranty (stating it starts on day of manufacture) to them charging ridiculous fee's to return products.

Hopefully my post helps you out

Solution