MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Problem

Syazwan Sahimi

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Hi i just buy MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming. my problem is when i press power button on my case, motherboard take 30s to 1m to start. also same happen when i press start button on board.

my spec : intel core i5 4570 | Gskill Trident X 8GB 2400Mhz | 1TB WD Green | XFX GTS 250 | Xigmatek NRP-MC 802W

Bios already update to v1.5

I should upgrade my GC...:sigh:

Hope can find solution here..thank.

Solution
That delay suggests the board is waiting for something to time out. Once you do get into the BIOS, are all devices that should be there visible? Change the ports you have drives, KB, and mouse using. Any difference?
Reset your BIOS to defaults. The WD "Green" drives are extremely slow, but I still would not expect one to take that long to wake up. That could be a part of your problem though, especially if the drive is having problems. If you disconnect it, how quickly can you get into the BIOS?

Syazwan Sahimi

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

after 30s (mobo start) i can get into bios as usual. i try reset bios already..same..ask few friend they also think bios problem..i switch to other bios..still same.

That delay suggests the board is waiting for something to time out. Once you do get into the BIOS, are all devices that should be there visible? Change the ports you have drives, KB, and mouse using. Any difference?

Solution