msi z97 gaming 5 vs asus maximus vII hero ?

jamie_r

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
everyone has been telling me to go for a cheaper mobo the the asus maximus vII hero and i dont want to overclock btw , however money is a little bit of an issue , so i wanted to ee whats the difference between the two. mayeb even a different board that works well with i5 4690k (preferebly red ?)
thanks

If you're not into advanced OCing, there's absolutely NO difference. Both are great MoBos and you can't go wrong with either. ROG has some really good OCing features, but they're not of any benefit unless you want extreme OCing capabilities. I'd actually opt for Z97X Gaming 3, red scheme, SLI supported, and all the features of Z97 G5 or M7 Hero, besides it's cheaper.

jamie_r

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

thats a good idea , only 2 questions ,

is the audio as good ?
and is msi gaming 5 good because i dont really like gigabyte

jamie_r

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

im sorry QC ? and i would but i just bough my whple pc i ended up going with the msi z97 gaming 5 , its a little cheaper and still a solid board i think

dgothi

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014

Really? I had asus motherboard in past... Honest, Asus is not perfect. sorry to say this. I am very happy with MSI Gaming 5 z97 right now. I don't see any issue with it yet.

I bought Asus motherboard 939 socket for AMD CPU years ago. Asus did recall this motherboard because of chipset's fan issue and bios buggy.

Also, Asus sabertooth motherboard still have issue. Google it up!