MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Motherboard A2 error only when restarting

DarkTron

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
Hey guys!

I have no problem with my Computer if I shut down Windows 10 and then start it with the button on the case. But when I try to restart my PC, it stops at a black screen with a little "A2" on the lower right hand corner. It does not continue booting, I have to press the power button again to shut it down and then press it again to start the Computer, then everything works. If I install new programs or software and one of the setups asks me if I want to restart my PC now and I do that, it also works perfectly fine. Only when I restart it myself within Windows it stops booting.

After I got into Windows again after trying to restart, shutting down my PC at the A2 error screeen and turning it back on again my RAID 1 Array of my 2x WD Blue 1TB is syncing again (I set up this "RAID" array with windows, not the motherboards RAID controller).

Anyone got an idea how to fix this? I mean it's not that big of a deal but it still is somewhat annoying. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
It seems more like an amalgamation of hardware and software related issue.

1| Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date?

2| It's proper etiquette to pas son your full system's specs in yuor thread's body to serve as a stepping stone for users offering suggestions on a troubleshooting thread and it also helps newcomers to find a solution if and when they are in the same boat as you. Signature spaced system specs will change over time, making this thread's solution irrelevant. Please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your peripherals/USB devices.

3| Try and run repair install and see if the issue persists. On another note, disable automatic device driver updates to avoid unnecessary device driver downloads that can and will cause the same issue stated above.