msigtx 1050 4 gb w/i57400 or i3 7100 w/gtx 1060 6 gb?

ryhz

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
msi gtx 1050 ti 4 gb + i5 7400 / i3 7100+ gtx 1060 6 gb
which i should buy?

What motherboard should i buy too?

Solution
Your selected PC case is fancy looking and by component dimensions, it will do just fine.
Found an in-depth review about the PC case too,
link: https://play3r.net/reviews/cases/kolink-aviator-case-review/

Seasonic PSUs are my #1 suggested PSUs in all the builds and Seasonic is one of the best (if not the best) PSU OEM. They are only rivaled by Super Flower.
Though, if you don't like the fully wired design of S12II series then feel free to go with M12II-520 EVO, G-550 or Focus+ 550.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'd go with i5-7400 and GTX 1050 Ti combo. It's more balanced for any kind of task. Also, upgrading GPU is far easier than upgrading CPU.

As far as MoBos go, you can go with any B250 or H270 chipset MoBo you like. If you plan to upgrade your CPU to K-series with the intent to OC your CPU and/or use faster RAM than 2400 Mhz, go with Z270 chipset MoBo.

When it comes to brands, i prefer MSI MoBos (have 2 of them: Z97 and Z170 chipset). Though, Asus MoBos are also a solid choice.

Besides chipset and brand, there are additional 3 things to consider when picking a MoBo:
1. size of MoBo. You need to make sure that you don't pick bigger MoBo than your PC case can hold.
2. RAM slots. For easier RAM upgrade in the future, try picking a MoBo that has 4 RAM slots.
3. theme of MoBo. Depending on your build's color theme, pick a MoBo that matches it. Most popular combinations are: black & red, black & white, all black and all white. Aesthetics matter only when you care about how your build internals look. If you don't care about it, pick any colored MoBo that fits your budget.

ryhz

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hello!
Thanks for the answer, I'm going to buy this build in 1 month probably what do you think of it?

MSI gtx 1050 0c 4 gb gddr5.
Crucial 8gb DDR4 2400 mhz ballistix Sport Red.
Disco Western Digital 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 64 MB BLUE
Motherboard MSI b250 Mortar.
Seasonic 520W 80+ bronze
i5 7400.
TOTAL: 750 dollars.

Do you this its a good gaming PC? To streame, and some work on the pc?

I only have one doubt regarding the motherboard, is it a good motherboard for possibly in the future to change the graphic card for better?

Im waiting for Reply's Guys!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
MSI B250 Mortar is solid mATX MoBo and it will do fine in your build,
specs: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B250M-MORTAR.html#productFeature-section

About RAM. It's better to go with 2x 4GB RAM sticks than 1x 8GB RAM stick since with 2 sticks of RAM, your RAM will run in dual channel and it's considerably faster than running 1 stick in single channel.
Here's a good comparison too: http://ram.userbenchmark.com/Compare/HyperX-Fury-DDR4-2133-C14-1x8GB-vs-HyperX-Fury-DDR4-2133-C14-2x4GB/3555vs3554
Also, since your MoBo has 4 RAM slots, upgrading RAM to 16GB with 2nd 2x 4GB RAM sticks is easy.

Oh, your list is missing the PC case.

Which Seasonic PSU you're going with? S12II-520 or M12II-520 EVO?

With your build, you can game on high/ultra settings @ 720p with 60+ FPS or medium settings @ 1080p with 40-50 FPS. And since you have quad-core CPU, streaming with it is better than with dual-core CPU.

ryhz

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Yes thank you! ill wait for ryzen 3 !
But I do not think it will perform better than this i5 will see!
Now someone takes my doubts out of PSU please.
Or someone tell me a good SPU for the same Price of this one +10$.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

Only difference between S12II-520 and M12II-520 EVO is that S12II is fully wired while M12II EVO is fully modular. Build quality vise, both PSUs are good quality units.

S12II-520 has one 6/8-pin and one 6-pin PCI-E power connectors. So, you can connect your GPU just fine.
My AMD build is also powered by S12II-520 PSU and after 3 years, PSU is still going strong. In matter of fact, all my 3 PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are powered by Seasonic PSUs. Full specs with pics in my sig.

Edit:
About Ryzen 3. While Ryzen 3 may outperform 7th gen core i3 CPUs, they are also weaker than Ryzen 5 CPUs. And at current date, we can compare Ryzen 5 with i5-7400,
link: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7400/3922vs3886

I wouldn't wait for Ryzen 3. Instead, i'd go with i5-7400. It's known that Intel CPUs are still better in gaming while AMD chips are better in video rendering and other multi-core tasks.

ryhz

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Yes I have the same opinion Ryzen 3 comes to cope with i3 processors and not i5 7 generation, compared to i5 7400 vs ryzen 5, intel I think it is a good choice for me because when I stream I will not play heavy games (csgo Rocket league) at most a Gta 5, but that putting the configurations in medio / low I think I can have a fluid game, At PSU is it a good choice? And the box also is Good i think.
Thank you for your attention, guys!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Your selected PC case is fancy looking and by component dimensions, it will do just fine.
Found an in-depth review about the PC case too,
link: https://play3r.net/reviews/cases/kolink-aviator-case-review/

Seasonic PSUs are my #1 suggested PSUs in all the builds and Seasonic is one of the best (if not the best) PSU OEM. They are only rivaled by Super Flower.
Though, if you don't like the fully wired design of S12II series then feel free to go with M12II-520 EVO, G-550 or Focus+ 550.

Solution