MSI's Big Bang Mobo Offers THX Yummyness

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
For those of you who aren't familiar with Lucid 200, It will allow multi-gpu without any driver mess and much better scalability than your crossfire and sli.... If it works. If it works, it will very literally revolutionize the concept of multi-GPU.

MSI is making a big move, and all I can say it... ABOUT TIME.

Judguh

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
It would be pretty awesome if consumers aren't limited to just one type of gpu scaling (crossfire/sli.) My question is why isn't Lucid working with AMD? It's awesome that they're working with Intel, but if AMD procs would be included in this, that would mean total freedom as to what CPU-GPU combo you want, right?

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
What is the problem with MSI? Are they unreliable? I've had good and bad motherboard models from almost any manufacturer. I don't reject any for life (although Soyo has come close).

ChuvelxD

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
[citation][nom]mowston[/nom]Any AMD motherboards coming? I would hate to have to upgrade everything in my system at once.[/citation]

Absolutely nothing. People just get very biased about things that they've had trouble with. I too have had problems with all manufatures of tech, it's just enevidible, but I won't put down a genuinely great piece of technogly because of some self-richeous, biased opinion. They'll keep complaining, while we get our performance. That's just my opinion.

On topic, the THX audio SELLS me this board. Easy, motherboard performance is such a trivial thing anyways.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]I sure as hell will never be buying an MSI product again[/citation]

I wouldn't write MSI off. I've never had a bad board from MSI where as I've had multiple bad boards with ASUS. Just bad luck, doesn't mean I'll never buy ASUS again.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
having a bad motherboard is like the opposite of winning the lottery or drawing a name out of a hat can happen to any manufacture.

[citation][nom]ChuvelxD[/nom]Absolutely nothing. People just get very biased about things that they've had trouble with. I too have had problems with all manufatures of tech, it's just enevidible,[/citation]

Does this mean AMD users are sol? I'm not sure the article or any of the responses clarify this.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Still the audio has to be better then most on board "HD" audio. Don't care for MSI mobo's though they tend to be designed poorly thermally tend to get hot in side a case.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Man, ya know... it really isn't THAT big of a deal. I have listened to many different sound cards and products and to actually hear a difference? Give me a break. You need clean sound reproduction and a receiver that can adjust it's EQ according to the room. Pioneer and Yamaha have this built in, I am sure others do as well. As far as THX surround and decoding for other types? Well, that is probably where this would be nice.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
no offense kev, but the real highlight of this article is the lucid hydra 200, unless there was an older article with this announcement already

people have been waiting for this to become a reality for a few years now, me being one of them.

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
Why Creative doesn't release Creative X-Fi 3? It has been a long timeeee. May be 32 or 64 bit sound floating point, EAX 6.0, DirectX 11 Direct Sound?

jezza333

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
[citation][nom]notzaar[/nom]Is that a 4890 and a 275 side by side? What's up with that?[/citation]
Please read the article before looking like an idiot.

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
Speaking from first hand experience, I went from an MSI Platinum model mobo with Creative Sound Blaster onboard sound to a Gigabyte board with Realtek onboard audio and I noticed the difference instantly. Realtek could not compare. Granted, anyone can get used to average onboard audio, but there is a noticeable difference. Especially when you have quality cans like Sennheisers or some decent speakers.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]notzaar[/nom]Is that a 4890 and a 275 side by side? What's up with that?[/citation]
Lucid Hydra.
EAX 5.0... If I can afford it when it comes out, I'll definitely get this mobo (this means I don't need a discrete sound card)

Thurin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Just because the first board is an MSI for Intel's processors doesn't mean that it's not going to be brought to the AMD platform as well.

And on the side: A possible explanation for the Nvidia card next to an AMD card in the pic is that the new system will allow for multi GPU systems to truly get all they can out of the GPUs in terms of performance, rather than being limited to one brand or identical cards, and so on.

This technology may very well mean that multi GPU systems will be running their GPUs at the top of their capacity.

Kind regards,

Mike

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Is EAX5 supported in hardware mode as more expensive SB X-Fi sound cards? Does it have 64MB memory? Or is it just a software solution? What about the DAC and opamp? Would MSI let you change those? That would be the ultimate solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.