MSI's GT660 Gaming Notebook Heads to U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad but man shoving those components into such a small space means bad cooling that will lead to burnout. Had a Gateway FX laptop comein, replaced every part but the mobo and as it turned out the mobo overheated.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I have a gaming laptop from MSI and i love it. It's held up well over the past year or so, and it held me over quite nicely untill i could build myself a better Desktop PC. I had a 9 cell and the battery lasts about 3 hours, depending on what i'm doing.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Wait wait wait, did they finally re-design their case so that it's not a flimsy POS dispelling heat out onto your mousing hand? If they did... hell yeah! On MSI's site I saw a screen showing the lower corner going Ctrl, Fn, "windows key", from left to right... fixing a layout problem that FPS gamers have complained about for a long time with MSI laptops.

This is a great step forward for MSI if my initial impressions are correct. It looks nice.

Course... the 285M and Core i7-740QM configuration, is probably not something I'd go for. I just don't like the idea Nvidia graphics load temps literally cooking everything in my expensive laptop... and the i7-740QM's price to performance ratio is terrible.

ares1214

Splendid
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]720p display is extremely disappointing for a laptop this spec. Expected at least a 1080p.[/citation]

atleast? well it cant go too much higher! tbh, the pixel pitch of this being a 16incher at 720p should be pretty nice. Most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference between this and 1080p on a small screen, but it puts a much larger load on the bpu. Good move from a gaming stand point, bad on a spec sheet.

blasterth

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
But my 2 year old laptop 13,1 display is "900p". I prefer to choose the load on the bpu myself by selecting 720p or 1080p in the game options and not to have it imposed.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]This looks a lot like the Asus G51 series laptops lolHope it cools better[/citation]

What? The Cooling solution on that laptop is genius for what it does with one fan.

G

The webcam is 720p, the screen is either 1366*768 or 1920*1080, two models.

Status
Not open for further replies.