MSI's GT780DX Gaming Notebook Arrives in Time for Xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
the Windows function key has been repositioned to the right side to reduce the possibility of accidentally striking it when you’re surrounded by bad guys

Or.. they could have added another button near the LED indicators (near the drive activity etc..) that disables the Windows key..

Like my aging Logitech G15 keyboard. lol.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jsrudd[/nom]I thought RAID 0 effectively halved your storage capacity?[/citation]
Nope, it doubles your capacity as well. RAID1 halves your total storage since 1 drive is being used for redundancy.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Why the hell does a LAPTOP need 32 GB of memory?[/citation]
Because you can. Does one need any other reason?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Why the hell does a LAPTOP need 32 GB of memory?[/citation]

a ram disc?
desktop replacement? if its this, than there are MANY uses for 32gb.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]jsrudd[/nom]I thought RAID 0 effectively halved your storage capacity?[/citation]
No, RAID 0 doesn't change storage capacity. It's the only type of RAID that storage remains the same as the combined size of all storage drives. It's focus is solely performance, it doesn't have any kind of redundancy or error checking.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]jrharbort[/nom]Nope, it doubles your capacity as well. RAID1 halves your total storage since 1 drive is being used for redundancy.[/citation]
It doesn't double the capacity of the storage drives. The size of the RAID 0 array is the same as the combined sized of the storage drives used in the array.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]richboyliang[/nom]lmfao 4 x 8 gb of ram would be $320 overkill for desktops already...[/citation]
for casual computer use... yea, its over kill. but it does have its uses.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
I've been looking for 6lb 15" 1080p laptops w/ 4 memory slots so I can run Virtual Machines on it and do development...you know how many I found? Zippo :p

They're all either 8-9lb gaming laptops that have been blinged up, or have really low resolution screens or only have 2 slots :p

G

MSI rocks! I've had one for 5 years and the best gaming machine I've ever used. Fastest computer I ever used also...boots in seconds. I'l be trading the old one in on this one in January.

thespieler

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Video editing or Cad drawing easily require more than 16 GB, so depending on your needs, 32 GB of possible ram makes this machine pretty versatile.

G

32GB is overkill for casual user.. but as for me its really heaven fall into my home..
you'll know when you involved in AUDIO/VIDEO/IMAGE editing.. and i'm doing all of this ..
But why some one said "MSI built is CRAP"? anyone can tell me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.