MSI's X58 Motherboard To Have Quad-SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
ah i was hoping to see a price for the motherboard. Another thing i was wondering what you guys think. if you get the first boards to come out for a new technology dos'nt that usally mean theres gonna be alot of bugs with the first board of it's kind along with an added pricetag? where as a few months later you may be able to spend less and get a much better board? I rember buying a asus p5wd2-e premium when the pentium D's came out. i spent 350 bucks on new egg and thee board was really junk.

noobe1981

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Of course winter, but some people like being the first, and some are just plain impatient, while others just have the money to blow anyways.

calamit

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
but with SLi aren't the gains beyond a third card negligible to the point where you get zero real world gains?

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
1x with one, 2x with two, 2.8x with 3. Noticeable,somewhat, for the price your probably better off with 1 card then 3, and two might just be bread and butter, but 3 is definitely bragging rights. Yet i heard 3 280's at max resolution at 2560 by 1600 max settings all on very high still could not run crysis, ran at 20fps. So worth the gains, possibly in other games a slight gain.

G

Anything with that atrocious nForce200 chip is not a "Enthusiast" board.

hannibal

Distinguished
Actually these should be cheaper, because you don't have memory controller any more at the motherboard, but...

It is always a little bit risky to be the first, but if these turns out to be good enough, you can enjoy longer the benefits of new technology.
Read reviews and look your bank account ;-)

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
[citation][nom]calamit[/nom]but with SLi aren't the gains beyond a third card negligible to the point where you get zero real world gains?[/citation]

No, he specifically said with the special Lucid Hydra Chip, which would make SLI useful. It is not standard SLI, it is a new tech that, as stated, makes it worth having (At least according to the demos they have given) with near linear performance increases.

G

I have MSI Motherboard It is second Hand com....I installed Win Vista The sound is not working .....Sound card is Foxconn....What should i do...

Status
Not open for further replies.