MSI's Z87 MPower Motherboard Revealed & Unboxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Love MSI the last few years. This may be my next board, from a MSI Z68.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
As the cost of WiFi ASICs get cheaper and mobo makers increasingly include it with their boards, I foresee a future where PCIe Wifi cards will become less and less appealing, kinda like the way sound cards started off as such and now only a few people buy them because all boards have on-board sound which is good enough for most folks.

claptrap22

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
That does look quite impressive, both aesthetically and technically. Built my machine with a Z77a-GD80 and have had no complaints. Would definitely consider this for another build or for a friend's build.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
This looks great, its too bad I just finished building a Ivy bridge rig using a Z77 UD5H and a 3770K CPU. I would love a Hanswell rig but if memory servs right its best to wait for the "tick" to upgrade. Either way my Ivy Bridge rig will last me for the next 5 years, similar to how my Q6600 IP35 rig lasted (now repurposed to a Windows Home Server V1).
As for the board, they are still not saying if all 3 USB ports runs off the south bridge, if the sata ports are all SATA6 and runs off the south bridge as well. I also rather have an Intel NIC than a Killer NIC, personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS