Recently I had to reinstall Windows XP due to a problem. Since then,
whenever I start my computer, my MSN Folder, containing Intellisync,
automatically opens. I have tried everything I can think of to stop it from
doing this, but nothing has worked. I can close it, but it is annoying. The
folder is on C:/Programs.

sorry dont have an answer yet, but i have exactly the same problem will let
you know if i solve it

"colleen" wrote:

> Recently I had to reinstall Windows XP due to a problem. Since then,
> whenever I start my computer, my MSN Folder, containing Intellisync,
> automatically opens. I have tried everything I can think of to stop it from
> doing this, but nothing has worked. I can close it, but it is annoying. The
> folder is on C:/Programs.

Sounds like you may have put it in the startup folder. Start, Programs,
Startup, and drag it back out.

colleen wrote:

> Recently I had to reinstall Windows XP due to a problem. Since then,
> whenever I start my computer, my MSN Folder, containing Intellisync,
> automatically opens. I have tried everything I can think of to stop it from
> doing this, but nothing has worked. I can close it, but it is annoying. The
> folder is on C:/Programs.

I looked in my Startup folder and the MSN folder is not there. The
Intellisync folder in the MSN folder is also in My Documents, so I don't know
why there is even an MSN folder containing the Intellisyn folder.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Sounds like you may have put it in the startup folder. Start, Programs,
> Startup, and drag it back out.
>
> colleen wrote:
>
> > Recently I had to reinstall Windows XP due to a problem. Since then,
> > whenever I start my computer, my MSN Folder, containing Intellisync,
> > automatically opens. I have tried everything I can think of to stop it from
> > doing this, but nothing has worked. I can close it, but it is annoying. The
> > folder is on C:/Programs.

Strangely, when I do a search of files and folders, the computer cannot find
a folder titled MSN Folder, but that is the title of the folder that is open
when my computer starts.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Sounds like you may have put it in the startup folder. Start, Programs,
> Startup, and drag it back out.
>
> colleen wrote:
>
> > Recently I had to reinstall Windows XP due to a problem. Since then,
> > whenever I start my computer, my MSN Folder, containing Intellisync,
> > automatically opens. I have tried everything I can think of to stop it from
> > doing this, but nothing has worked. I can close it, but it is annoying. The
> > folder is on C:/Programs.

Try Start, Run and plug in MSCONFIG. When it open look in the Startup
Tab for "MSN". (Uncheck if found)

colleen wrote:

> Strangely, when I do a search of files and folders, the computer cannot find
> a folder titled MSN Folder, but that is the title of the folder that is open
> when my computer starts.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Sounds like you may have put it in the startup folder. Start, Programs,
>>Startup, and drag it back out.
>>
>>colleen wrote:
>>

>>>Recently I had to reinstall Windows XP due to a problem. Since then,
>>>whenever I start my computer, my MSN Folder, containing Intellisync,
>>>automatically opens. I have tried everything I can think of to stop it from
>>>doing this, but nothing has worked. I can close it, but it is annoying. The
>>>folder is on C:/Programs.

I tried that. There was Microsoft Works, Microsoft Calendar, and Microsoft
Fast Find, but no "Microsoft". (Last post I said the folder was "MSN", it is
"Microsoft".) I don't know what Microsoft Fast Find is; maybe that has
something to do with it?

"Bob I" wrote:

> Try Start, Run and plug in MSCONFIG. When it open look in the Startup
> Tab for "MSN". (Uncheck if found)
>
> colleen wrote:
>
> > Strangely, when I do a search of files and folders, the computer cannot find
> > a folder titled MSN Folder, but that is the title of the folder that is open
> > when my computer starts.
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Sounds like you may have put it in the startup folder. Start, Programs,
> >>Startup, and drag it back out.

Since you mention "Intellisync" I'm going to hazzard a guess that you
attemped to install some mobile phone/PDA sync software and the install
didn't go so well. I was after the MSN angle but since it wasn't MSN
then start looking for the "phone or PDA" you tried to install. The
"Microsoft" is just where the software is trying to run from and since
it can't run, it's opening the subdirectory instead.

colleen wrote:

> I tried that. There was Microsoft Works, Microsoft Calendar, and Microsoft
> Fast Find, but no "Microsoft". (Last post I said the folder was "MSN", it is
> "Microsoft".) I don't know what Microsoft Fast Find is; maybe that has
> something to do with it?
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Try Start, Run and plug in MSCONFIG. When it open look in the Startup
>>Tab for "MSN". (Uncheck if found)
>>
>>colleen wrote:
>>

>>>Strangely, when I do a search of files and folders, the computer cannot find
>>>a folder titled MSN Folder, but that is the title of the folder that is open
>>>when my computer starts.

The Intellisync program was put into the Microsoft folder, I do not know why,
and the Microsoft folder (which opens automatically) is under Programs on the
C drive. If I drag it anywhere else, or send it anywhere else, the program
does not work. I use it to synchronize my MSN calendar to my PDA. I wonder
if perhaps I should uninstall then reinstall it. Before I reinstalled
windows, I could locate Intellisync under All Programs in Start. However, it
is not there now. So perhaps it did have a problem during installation.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Since you mention "Intellisync" I'm going to hazzard a guess that you
> attemped to install some mobile phone/PDA sync software and the install
> didn't go so well. I was after the MSN angle but since it wasn't MSN
> then start looking for the "phone or PDA" you tried to install. The
> "Microsoft" is just where the software is trying to run from and since
> it can't run, it's opening the subdirectory instead.
>
> colleen wrote:
>
> > I tried that. There was Microsoft Works, Microsoft Calendar, and Microsoft
> > Fast Find, but no "Microsoft". (Last post I said the folder was "MSN", it is
> > "Microsoft".) I don't know what Microsoft Fast Find is; maybe that has
> > something to do with it?
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Try Start, Run and plug in MSCONFIG. When it open look in the Startup
> >>Tab for "MSN". (Uncheck if found)

I think perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of the application may be
worth a try.

colleen wrote:

> The Intellisync program was put into the Microsoft folder, I do not know why,
> and the Microsoft folder (which opens automatically) is under Programs on the
> C drive. If I drag it anywhere else, or send it anywhere else, the program
> does not work. I use it to synchronize my MSN calendar to my PDA. I wonder
> if perhaps I should uninstall then reinstall it. Before I reinstalled
> windows, I could locate Intellisync under All Programs in Start. However, it
> is not there now. So perhaps it did have a problem during installation.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Since you mention "Intellisync" I'm going to hazzard a guess that you
>>attemped to install some mobile phone/PDA sync software and the install
>>didn't go so well. I was after the MSN angle but since it wasn't MSN
>>then start looking for the "phone or PDA" you tried to install. The
>>"Microsoft" is just where the software is trying to run from and since
>>it can't run, it's opening the subdirectory instead.
>>
>>colleen wrote:
>>

>>>I tried that. There was Microsoft Works, Microsoft Calendar, and Microsoft
>>>Fast Find, but no "Microsoft". (Last post I said the folder was "MSN", it is
>>>"Microsoft".) I don't know what Microsoft Fast Find is; maybe that has
>>>something to do with it?

Thanks. I'll let you know if it works.

"Bob I" wrote:

> I think perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of the application may be
> worth a try.
>
> colleen wrote:
>
> > The Intellisync program was put into the Microsoft folder, I do not know why,
> > and the Microsoft folder (which opens automatically) is under Programs on the
> > C drive. If I drag it anywhere else, or send it anywhere else, the program
> > does not work. I use it to synchronize my MSN calendar to my PDA. I wonder
> > if perhaps I should uninstall then reinstall it. Before I reinstalled
> > windows, I could locate Intellisync under All Programs in Start. However, it
> > is not there now. So perhaps it did have a problem during installation.
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Since you mention "Intellisync" I'm going to hazzard a guess that you
> >>attemped to install some mobile phone/PDA sync software and the install
> >>didn't go so well. I was after the MSN angle but since it wasn't MSN
> >>then start looking for the "phone or PDA" you tried to install. The
> >>"Microsoft" is just where the software is trying to run from and since
> >>it can't run, it's opening the subdirectory instead.

TRENDING THREADS