Msvcr100.dll 32bit and 64bit.

Michellerymes

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
Hello.

Running Windows 7 64bit. Updated. Malware - Virus checked - Its not a Rootkit issue.

Recently I had issues installing AutoDesk's software ( licensed ) and after some research and work arounds I managed to get it to work. ( same issue as below and Ieframe.dll)

I installed all the versions of Visual C++, both x86 and x64 bit versions. These do not install the MSVCR100.dll - Any reasons as to why?

The only way I could rectify it, was by downloading the DLL file online, but now, Indesign, which is a 32bit version ( trial ) does not work, as it gives me the (0xc000007b) warning which lead to the MSVCR100.dll missing, as indicated by the using the Dependency Walker (x86v).

The other issue is Adobe acrobat has stopped working, and gives me a Core.dll issue too.

Now I could use indesign 64bit, but that does answer the above questions of, why Visual C++ does not install the required DLL files, why cannot I run both x86 and x64 software?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Edit : MSVCR100.dll are the same file versions and installed in both system32 and sysWOW64.

Michellerymes

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
The normal procedure is to install Visual C++, but from research and experience it is a hit and miss.

I will share how I fixed my issue.

I Installed all versions of Visual C++, however none of them installed the required MSVCR100.dll.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Visual C++, once again it did not install this particular dll.
From the Microsoft website, download the older version of Visual C++, 2010. both x86 and x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632

Double click to install and see that it creates a temp directory to unpack and install. While it give you a dialogue box to agree to the terms and conditions, ignore that box and jump over to C drive Local disk and there you will find a folder named in some random numbers ---> C:\dc417584c1b9cb9aa82e7ae2e6 - See the images.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now there are two options.
Copy this new renamed Msvcr100.dll and place it in
C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Now your x64 bit software should work and update the new visual c++ , right now its 2013.

2) this option is, if your 32bit programs are not working and also Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Go to firefox C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox and find msvcr100.dll, this should be the older version, CTRL + V ( copy ) and paste it into the first folder we had created. Obviously X86 folder. Remember this is for future back up. Now Copy this x86 mscvr100.dll and paste it into your 32bit program file, in my case it was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2014 (32-bit)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader

Now No more 0x0000cb7 or mscvr100.dll or Core.dll missing.

Good luck, and Adobe reader gives a problem uninstall it then do from step 2.

Hope it helps.