MSXML 4.0 SP2 Installation Problems

GJX

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
Hello,
I wasn't really sure in which section to post this thread so i just put it here.

My problem begins with me trying to install a HP Officejet 5510 All-In-One on my computer. During the installation i got an error.
I contacted HP support and they told me to install the MSXML 4.0 SP2

When i tried installing it i get an error "Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0\CLSID. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I checked the regedit and found that there is no CLSID subfolder in any of the Msxml2 .4.0 folders.
I'm guessing that might be the problem.

How do i solve this?

I have an old All-in-one HP officejet printer that is a bummer product to say the least. The way I get it installed is to plug the printer into the USB and when prompted from windows to install new hardware, I insert the HP driver CD and install ONLY the driver. If I install all that All-in-one HP junk it causes a lot of problems I'm sure HP support has no idea how to address much less fix.

GJX

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I think the problem lies in the fact that something is wrong with the Msxml2 registery corruption or whatever it is... meaning the installation doesn't fail due to driver version, but something else.

But i will try downloading the latest drivers and installing the 5510 manually, instead of the auto install given by HP.

I'd still like to get an answer about my registery problem

lindts

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
GJX,
did you resolve the issue on hp 5510? i am getting the same problem you had and i wonder if you got any solution that you could share...lindts